Please accept my apology, techmanc. I didn't realize I'd actually posted this. I thought I was simply searching the forum.
As far as info is concerned, I have done the following things:
1. Reset ALL default setting for IE6
2. Upgraded to IE7
3. Performed simple routine maintenance on pc
4. Re-registered all .dll files associated with IE.
5. Verified proxy settings and trusted site settings.
6. Yet to do is verify Registry settings according MS website.
I did not think about using a different browser all together, although that is a good alternative. But IE is a company standard where I work. Using a different solution is not really the mark of a problem solver, IMHO (no offense to you) as I'd like to help my teammates figure this one out. Anything else you have would be great.