eljero

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Hello: Need just a little help here.

I purchased a new build and when I put in my vista cd it goes as far as (SELECT THE DRIVER TO BE INSTALLED). A window pops up and say (LOAD DRIVERS: NO DEVICE DRIVERS WERE FOUND. MAKE SURE THAT THE INSTALLATION MEDIA CONTAINS THE CORRECT DRIVERS, AND THEN CLICK OK), Then another window comes up and say's (SELECT DRIVER TO BE INSTALLED: TO INSTALL THE DEVICE DRIVER NEEDED TO ACCESS YOUR HARD DRIVE, INSERT THE INSTALLATION MEDIA CONTAINING THE DRIVER FILES, AND THEN CLICK OK, NOTE: THE INSTALLATION MEDIA CAN BE A FLOPPY DISK, CD, DVD, OR USB FLASH DRIVE). Please give me some input on what drivers that need installed. Or where to find the drivers, or do I have to mess with my BIOS, IF I do, I would need the steps to do it. How do I solve this problem. again thanking you for your advice.

This is what my system contains:
1. One. Intel Core i7 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
2. One. Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
3. Six. Stix of (2gb per stick) Corsair Dominator Memory
4. One. Asus Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel MoBo
5. One. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD (bare drive)-oem
6. One. X-Clear Acrylic Computer Case
7. One. Zalman ZM850-HP 850W Con. ATX/SLI Certified
8. One XFX GeForce 9800 GTX NVIDIA Graphics Card 512mb GDDR3
9. Six. Sets of Strobes
10. One. NZXT Sentry LX Temp/Fan Controller
11. One. Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders – OEM
All of this is new from NEWEGG. And installed in the PC Case. What I would like to get information on is step-by-step Sequence of the proper way to install the Vista Ultimate Program on my System, and the rest of the drivers.
Thanking you and Very Much Appreciated.

I have yet to build a core i7 system but usually with Vista, unless you are installing to a RAID array, there is no need to install any drivers before installing, you skip right over that step and the install is automatic after you select a drive to install to, if the system is demanding drivers then maybe it does not see your hard drive - is your hard drive detected by the BIOS?

Try putting the hard drive on a different SATA port and make sure it is not a RAID enabled port. Also try setting the SATA controller to 'ide mode' in BIOS unless you need AHCI for some reason and most home users don't..