Sign in with
Your question

Googles new fade in homepage

Last response: in Applications
December 14, 2009 5:48:11 AM

Hey guys if you think googles new homepage is annoying and unproductive sign the petition and let your voice be heard.

http://www.petitiononline.com/G0OG13/petition.html

More info can be found on googles forums at
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Web+Search/thread...

P.S. I didnt know where to post this so if theres a better place please move it.

More about : googles fade homepage

December 14, 2009 7:36:30 AM

Just use iGoogle.
m
l
December 14, 2009 8:09:37 AM

I quite like it by the way!!! But yes there's a delay in getting the options on the top!
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2009 8:53:33 AM

I honestly am indifferent to the change - I don't care either way.
m
l
December 14, 2009 9:17:16 AM

All you need from google.com is the text field and the two buttons. But with Firefox, who needs google.com, fade in, fade out, sweep and all those!
m
l
December 14, 2009 12:19:10 PM

i like it, remember, the reason that google is still #1 is because it started simple and stayed simple, it knows that every time you search ur not interested in seeing all of the days news, or some background image that takes 15seconds to load on dialup, you just want to see the space to type and the search button,
m
l
December 14, 2009 2:21:00 PM

Quote:
i like it, remember, the reason that google is still #1 is because it started simple and stayed simple, it knows that every time you search ur not interested in seeing all of the days news, or some background image that takes 15seconds to load on dialup, you just want to see the space to type and the search button,

And they have iGoogle for those that do want extra stuff.

You can customize it like crazy. It easily replaces those hubs like Yahoo and MSN because you control the content, theme, arrangement, etc...
m
l
December 15, 2009 3:32:50 AM

I do have a soft corner for Yahoo. I love it too! :) 
Maybe coz i had my first e-mail id was with Yahoo!
m
l
December 15, 2009 6:17:11 AM

It's a bit annoying because I always liked the clean, unadultered Google home page but it's not going to stop me using it. What will stop me using Google is Bing once it actually produces results that are somewhat comparable to the superior results from Google.
m
l
December 15, 2009 7:21:46 AM

Well Bing is still in its Beta stages isn't it?
m
l
December 15, 2009 7:37:18 AM

Beta these days doesn't have much meaning. Gmail was in beta for 5 years. Maybe that's just Google though...
m
l
December 18, 2009 12:55:33 AM

Well I personally like it. Google was always about simplicity, and with this fade-in background, they make the user focus more on the search box. The necessary links such as About, Advertising Solutions, etc. become less prominent, but still accessible.
m
l
December 18, 2009 12:58:40 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Applications by R_manic
m
l
December 18, 2009 11:54:05 AM

Like cjl I am indifferent also, except that I use Google for my homepage and used to access my Gmail from the link on the page.

Because I am impatient I just created a Gmail thumbnail page in Opera and don't use my homepage to get there now.

*shrugs*
m
l
!