Cannot Renew IP..please help.

JKtheBandit

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Okay..there's kind of a lot to this, but if anyone can help, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Well on Sunday, they (the people we live with) went out and bought a wireless router (Linksys..N, I believe)
And we have a Wireless G adapter. Well this whole operation only worked until about 3 in the morning the next day, and it hasn't worked since then. They have a cable modem so I think it was interfering with our signal, because they unplugged it today (the didn't want us online because we went to Demonoid.com and they don't know anything about ANYTHING, and they don't like the word Demon...so we got in trouble there..it's stupid. ANYHOW)

So NOW we have a GOOD signal, and it says that we're connected to the router, but it can't renew the IP address, and I did the whole Run : CDM : Ipconfig/release : Ipconfig/renew
And it just didn't work. So now I don't know what to do, and I can't mess with the router because they shut off the computer. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me if you can help
We're so sick of having to use our Blackberry Pearl for the internet..it sucks.

I don't want to mess up my boyfriend's computer by not being able to fix anything that I do. Just so you know
:bounce:

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Good try uninstalling the adapter card, i.e., drivers, software, and remove card. Restart computer and once it's booted into Windows, install the card, etc.