XP Professional scripts?

TeknykRR

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I've got a computer at work that I've got setup as the administrator. The company however had someone set it up as to where when u reboot the computer, your desktop background and such are reset to a default. I've gone into the user management under my computer, and disabled all scripts and such, but it still does it. What else can I do? And, they mind you, said they don't know how to fix it, it shouldn't be doing that.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
lol, I don't believe you, you sound like you trying to bypass there security system for what ever reason.

on the admin side it sounds like your computer is in the wrong OU, if your telling the truth and its not meant to be doing that.

TeknykRR

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

LOL I'm not. I was told the administrator access information. The person that setup the computer was fired from the company, so the IT folks have no idea how to fix it.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Tell your admin to check the OU your computer is in failing that, try a spyware/malware check...

your admin should know what an OU is unless they are crap....

OU - a predefined area in Active Directory which contains instructions for specific groups of computers and/or users... you could of been accidently put in a group with less permissions.