Help! Best price/Performance?

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Only the Mushkins and those particular G.Skills have Micron D9 chips....which OC alot higher than Promos (which are contained the Corsairs). So, it's either the Mushkin or G.Skill. And seeing the G.Skills are considerably cheaper, I'd definitely go with those.

Those HZ's have been hitting great overclocks, the guys at XtremeSystems love them for cheap (but great) OC'ing RAM.

G.Skills.

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Thanks Man...Ya I like the price on the GSkills and ya their D9's...but Ive heard there are good D9's and better D9's. But for the price how can I go wrong!

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Only the Mushkins and those particular G.Skills have Micron D9 chips....which OC alot higher than Promos (which are contained the Corsairs). So, it's either the Mushkin or G.Skill. And seeing the G.Skills are considerably cheaper, I'd definitely go with those.

Those HZ's have been hitting great overclocks, the guys at XtremeSystems love them for cheap (but great) OC'ing RAM.

G.Skills.

What are D9s and promos, are they just different rams "pieces"?

Mondoman

Splendid
They are shorthand names for two different brands/designs of RAM chips. The Micron D9-related design chips generally have more overclocking headroom than those based on other designs, even at nominally similar specs.