My Computer Freezes up for a Period of Time

Hello,I just got a new computer and it Freezes up all the time meaning the Mouse, Keyboard everything for 4-7 Seconds then goes back to normal. Also when this happens my computer stops thinking wal it's froze then when it unfreezes it starts thinking again. Any Ideas?
By the Way I have Windows 7

Update:
I Ran Memtest but showed no errors

Update I checked Event Viewer it showed these

Error 1. Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Error 2. The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0xd. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 3. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider inetpp.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 4. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider win32spl.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 5. A whole bunch of Audit Successes

No Hardware Events

And here is my system Information

Windows 7

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz Processor

2.00 GB of RAM

32-bit OS

And one last thing when it freezes up sometimes my NVIDIA Graphics Card Shuts off and Says Windows successfully recovered NVIDIA Graphics card
7 answers Last reply
More about computer freezes period time
  1. Run Memtest and see if your memory is faulty.
  2. You may have some faulty hardware.

Errors in RAM and CPU tend to result in BSODs, but not always. HDD errors can cause a multitude of problems. The odds are in favor of it being the HDD at fault, but test all three anyways since all three could be culpable.
  3. Check the event viewer for errors.
  4. I also have the same issue...same processor and also same OS. Maybe related issue?
  5. wihan1 said:
    I also have the same issue...same processor and also same OS. Maybe related issue?

Yes That is possable Thank you for Saying this... -_- Im not the only one.
  6. Thank you all for posting but im looking for more answers to Corrispond with my Updated Dialog Post (Updated Post)
  7. You may want to run a chkdsk on the hard drive, and maybe even rebuild the BCD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows 7