Sign in with
Your question

My Computer Freezes up for a Period of Time

Last response: in Windows 7
August 8, 2011 4:41:06 AM

Hello,I just got a new computer and it Freezes up all the time meaning the Mouse, Keyboard everything for 4-7 Seconds then goes back to normal. Also when this happens my computer stops thinking wal it's froze then when it unfreezes it starts thinking again. Any Ideas?
By the Way I have Windows 7

Update:
I Ran Memtest but showed no errors

Update I checked Event Viewer it showed these

Error 1. Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Error 2. The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0xd. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 3. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider inetpp.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 4. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider win32spl.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 5. A whole bunch of Audit Successes

No Hardware Events

And here is my system Information

Windows 7

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz Processor

2.00 GB of RAM

32-bit OS

And one last thing when it freezes up sometimes my NVIDIA Graphics Card Shuts off and Says Windows successfully recovered NVIDIA Graphics card
August 10, 2011 1:56:05 AM

Run Memtest and see if your memory is faulty.
m
l
August 10, 2011 11:44:59 AM

You may have some faulty hardware.

Errors in RAM and CPU tend to result in BSODs, but not always. HDD errors can cause a multitude of problems. The odds are in favor of it being the HDD at fault, but test all three anyways since all three could be culpable.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2011 1:26:34 PM

Check the event viewer for errors.
m
l
September 4, 2011 1:47:33 PM

I also have the same issue...same processor and also same OS. Maybe related issue?
m
l
September 9, 2011 1:29:34 AM

wihan1 said:
I also have the same issue...same processor and also same OS. Maybe related issue?

Yes That is possable Thank you for Saying this... -_- Im not the only one.
m
l
September 9, 2011 1:30:36 AM

Thank you all for posting but im looking for more answers to Corrispond with my Updated Dialog Post (Updated Post)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2011 1:41:01 AM

You may want to run a chkdsk on the hard drive, and maybe even rebuild the BCD.
m
l
!