My Computer Freezes up for a Period of Time

slayer5934

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hello,I just got a new computer and it Freezes up all the time meaning the Mouse, Keyboard everything for 4-7 Seconds then goes back to normal. Also when this happens my computer stops thinking wal it's froze then when it unfreezes it starts thinking again. Any Ideas?
By the Way I have Windows 7

Update:
I Ran Memtest but showed no errors

Update I checked Event Viewer it showed these

Error 1. Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Error 2. The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0xd. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 3. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider inetpp.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 4. InitializePrintProvider failed for provider win32spl.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error 5. A whole bunch of Audit Successes

No Hardware Events

And here is my system Information

Windows 7

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz Processor

2.00 GB of RAM

32-bit OS

And one last thing when it freezes up sometimes my NVIDIA Graphics Card Shuts off and Says Windows successfully recovered NVIDIA Graphics card

jamesdean1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
You may have some faulty hardware.

Errors in RAM and CPU tend to result in BSODs, but not always. HDD errors can cause a multitude of problems. The odds are in favor of it being the HDD at fault, but test all three anyways since all three could be culpable.