Bootup crash, new mobo - dell HDD

Hi, I replaced my dell mobo (along with the case and CPU fan) with a new Biostar motherboard. I've kept the Dell harddisk with the original vista 32bit OS.

However, the Dell doesn't boot up. BIOS works, but as soon as it proceeds to windows logo, it crashes and restarts.

I've done the DELL startup repair, and it doesn't work. The info it gives is
"problem signature #2" 6.0.6000.163866.6.0.6001.1800
and sometimes
"problem signature #2" 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386

I've googled both, and people seems to recommend the "Vista startup repair with the CD" - which I'm not sure if it is the same as the Dell startup repair, but the pictures seems to show it's the same thing.

So basically the Dell "startup repair" doesn't work. I've also done the Dell factory/PC wipe that restores it to the original settings. That didn't fix the problem.

-safe mode doesn't work
-safe mode with command prompt, etc doesn't work
-debug kernel, etc doesn't work
-memory tests seemed to be fine

What is the problem here? The Dell HDD OS not compatible with the new mobo? What are some solutions?

Thanks

The current installation includes drivers that were specific to your Dell. You need to load the drivers for the new motherboard, etc. If you have a certificate, you should be able to reinstall from an OEM DVD (even from one that you burned yourself). You lose nothing trying to repair from a standard Vista DVD.