Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crysis DX9 vs DX10 video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 26, 2007 11:17:33 AM

sorry if this has already been posted

here ya go

windows media: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19967&type=wm...

quicktime: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19967&type=mo...


and in the jungle:

windows media: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19965&type=wm...

quicktime: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19965&type=mo...



i dont know about you, but DX9 looks pretty damn good aswell :) 

More about : crysis dx9 dx10 video

May 26, 2007 11:47:02 AM

I watched those videos yesterday and though the dx10 improvements were good I came away thinking the video's action favoured dx10.

In the hunter video they show a longer clip where the hunter sends more debris flying when it steps on it. In the dx9 video that event doesn't take place making it hard to compare.

In the jungle video I don't know if it is a result of dx10 but the character seems to shoot down more trees for effect.
May 26, 2007 12:11:35 PM

would have been better if it was the exact same thing being done. but oh well...
Related resources
May 26, 2007 12:57:56 PM

lol, that was funny.
May 26, 2007 1:02:49 PM

Good, but they should have been doing the same in each videos.
May 26, 2007 1:35:25 PM

again and again
dx10 is god and dx9 is a dinosaur ,,bla bla bla
and they choose crysis to make the difference...how convenient
ok evolution will go on it's way but one question arise
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?
May 26, 2007 3:01:22 PM

Quote:
again and again
dx10 is god and dx9 is a dinosaur ,,bla bla bla
and they choose crysis to make the difference...how convenient
ok evolution will go on it's way but one question arise
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?


possibly. isnt there some talk about a dx10.1 (or DX11) which will need another hardware upgrade??

and what happened to all that pixel shader 3 hype??? Only a few games use it :( 
May 26, 2007 3:10:26 PM

Quote:
again and again
dx10 is god and dx9 is a dinosaur ,,bla bla bla
and they choose crysis to make the difference...how convenient
ok evolution will go on it's way but one question arise
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?


possibly. isnt there some talk about a dx10.1 (or DX11) which will need another hardware upgrade??

and what happened to all that pixel shader 3 hype??? Only a few games use it :( 
well it seems to me that game producers know how to milk our pockets
besides new hardware and new software to create almost realistic landscapes and games...well at first glance is awesome but...boring.
seriously the new games are totaly cool and so on but ..don't have what old games had.
my humble opinion
anticupidon
May 26, 2007 3:11:50 PM

if not mistaken i heard that they already are looking to implement sm..5
May 26, 2007 9:38:29 PM

Also, i have yet to see a video of crysis that shows of the great A.I they've been touting. In all the videos they just stand there and get blown to bits. Maybe i've been looking at them the wrong way or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you, but in that regard i'm not impressed.

I do like the pretty pictures though :p 
May 26, 2007 10:03:17 PM

Quote:
... or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you, but in that regard i'm not impressed.

I do like the pretty pictures though :p 

lol
May 26, 2007 10:05:12 PM

yes you have a point great A.I. to me is like that you have the gun and fire power, enemies use camouflage ...one distracts you and the rest of the pack...well there are a gazilion of scenarios but....a real life scenario and dx1o textures and we have a winner but ..until that we have to wait :wink:
May 26, 2007 10:42:07 PM

Quote:
tbh i couldn't give a damn abotu crysis. also i won't take anythnig as fact until i see independant reviews when it is released.

after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.


May 27, 2007 1:52:44 AM

Is nice!.............DX9 not so much. DX10 nice!


*High Five Crytek!*(High-Fives.......Big grins and thumbs up)


:D 
May 27, 2007 2:37:32 AM

The game looks awesome on both fronts.

It obviously looks better on DX10, but I think that's a big case of Benchmarketing.

Does anyone here honestly thing DX9 is incapable of portraying rain drops? Or Flamey debris? Or even motion blur? I can think of a dozen games right now that have motion blur.

Doesn't really matter. I imagine by the time this game finally hits the shelves 80% of us will be using a DX10 solution in some form. Mid-range or High-end.
May 27, 2007 2:51:28 AM

It's a shame that none of the effects that are shown require Direct X10.
May 27, 2007 2:57:02 AM

Quote:
after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.

What? Far Cry was pretty good.
a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2007 3:21:24 AM

You know what, I have had farcry since it came out and STILL havent finished it :lol: 

I always end up formatting and forgetting to backup my saves and then I'm back at the start again, so i start playing something else.
May 27, 2007 3:39:25 AM

Farcry was great game imo.
May 27, 2007 4:22:11 AM

the videos are biased to advertise dx10.
a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2007 4:35:08 AM

Of course, M$ probably paid them to make it like that.
May 27, 2007 4:36:14 AM

Although DX10 still does look significantly better than DX9.... im going to buy a 8800gts 320mb and i hope it runs dx10 games well.... if you look at the computer i currently have in my sig you can kind of tell that i am getting excited about playing dx10 games.....
May 27, 2007 4:48:54 PM

I dont think M$ has to pay anyone to do that. they probably did it to get more sales and show how nice their graphics are.
May 27, 2007 6:20:37 PM

Quote:
You know what, I have had farcry since it came out and STILL havent finished it :lol: 

Same here.

It's going slow for me.
May 27, 2007 7:13:55 PM

Quote:
Same here.

It's going slow for me.

The game isn't that long & i don't expect that some pro guys like you said something like that!(unless you guys are so busy and don't have any time left for FarCry :wink: )
Maybe you guys wanna check this out!
Piece a cake! :tongue:
I disagree with SS that said he doesn't trust Crytek after FarCry cause that was an awesome game. :twisted:
May 27, 2007 7:21:03 PM

some people like to finish games without cheating :p  :p  :p 
May 27, 2007 7:32:14 PM

Yes, i know i know, just in case of need...you know...sometimes...Poawww...Whatever! :mrgreen:
May 28, 2007 12:43:32 AM

Cheating makes the game crappy.
May 28, 2007 12:56:10 AM

Quote:
after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.

What? Far Cry was pretty good.

yea i farcry was cool and the graphics rock'd :D 
May 28, 2007 1:37:01 AM

Well let's hope this game lives up to its hype....DX10 or not.


I still enjoy playing MaxPayne and Return to Castle Wolfenstein some times and those graphics are a bit dated.
May 28, 2007 2:57:35 AM

Why does dx10 even matter when you have to own a retarded drm OS like vista? I want to hear news about development for os' like ubuntu (currently using). I mean, c'mon, who wants to pay for somthing that eats your systems resources and screws up all the time, AND tells you that you can't back up crysis after you pay 60 bones for it? might as well just dump your dvd and cd burners in the trash if you wannna hit up vista and dx10... at least that's how I feel about the whole retarded microsoft thing.... I'm not even going to go into the x64 support issue in depth... but lets just say that i booted an x64 ubuntu, with no problems and use it fine every day... the only problems I run into is when dumb companies only support x86 based machines (dumb). Honestly... i've tried fot he past six months to get a well organized smooth running machine on win xp x64... and to no avail. I'm new to any form of linux and I had everything up on an x64 Ubuntu within less than 20 minutes! Yeah, eat your heart out M$ lovers... or rather, eat your wallet out, cuz they want more and more money! hense DX10 on Shista (vista) and only on shista! Do all of us pc gamers a favor and support OS OS' "open source operating systems". cuz when you have the customer working on the product... it's going to outscope ANY troubleshooting team that even the biggest company can buy! (hense why charity brings in more money each year than any company ever will) alright, i'll stop complaining now... but yeah, pretty picture on dx10...
May 28, 2007 3:20:29 AM

Quote:
retarded drm OS like vista

Quote:
after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job


I'll be the first to admit that Vista isn't perfect but I remember people having the same complaints about XP when it came out. I have Vista, it works great for me and will only get better with time.

As far as Crysis, the game looks amazing. Currently the most system taxing game I believe is still Oblivion with FEAR as a close second. From the way Crysis looks they don't make components yet that will be able to run it at high res with everything turned up.

FarCry was a great game and I hope Crysis will be at least equally as good. Hopefully Crytek will put the same effort into making the game interesting as it's doing in making it look good.
May 28, 2007 3:33:05 AM

Quote:
Also, i have yet to see a video of crysis that shows of the great A.I they've been touting. In all the videos they just stand there and get blown to bits. Maybe i've been looking at them the wrong way or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you, but in that regard i'm not impressed.

I do like the pretty pictures though :p 

It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one looking at something besides the trees in that video.
Although it does look very good, in both DX9 and 10.
May 28, 2007 4:25:59 AM

Dam Direct 10 looks so cool, but directx9 is not too far behind, is still good too.

Hopefully Ill get an 8800GTS soon :) 
May 28, 2007 7:56:19 AM

Quote:
or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you


lol :lol:  that is good

im guessing the AI setting is currently on minimum.. :lol: 
May 28, 2007 3:55:55 PM

Quote:
Why does dx10 even matter when you have to own a retarded drm OS like vista? I want to hear news about development for os' like ubuntu (currently using). I mean, c'mon, who wants to pay for somthing that eats your systems resources and screws up all the time, AND tells you that you can't back up crysis after you pay 60 bones for it? might as well just dump your dvd and cd burners in the trash if you wannna hit up vista and dx10... at least that's how I feel about the whole retarded microsoft thing.... I'm not even going to go into the x64 support issue in depth... but lets just say that i booted an x64 ubuntu, with no problems and use it fine every day... the only problems I run into is when dumb companies only support x86 based machines (dumb). Honestly... i've tried fot he past six months to get a well organized smooth running machine on win xp x64... and to no avail. I'm new to any form of linux and I had everything up on an x64 Ubuntu within less than 20 minutes! Yeah, eat your heart out M$ lovers... or rather, eat your wallet out, cuz they want more and more money! hense DX10 on Shista (vista) and only on shista! Do all of us pc gamers a favor and support OS OS' "open source operating systems". cuz when you have the customer working on the product... it's going to outscope ANY troubleshooting team that even the biggest company can buy! (hense why charity brings in more money each year than any company ever will) alright, i'll stop complaining now... but yeah, pretty picture on dx10...


Well sounds like your linux system sucks cause my older xp ... os runs smooth and lockup free with intel guts . Yea xp had problems too but if it's setup correctly and updated it should never keep locking or crashing unless ya overdrive every component and fry your electronics . As far as VISTA ... sorry ya gotta have the newer board and cpu and mine is smooth as silk right now .... games run alot better with it .... hummmm maybe i'm doin something right and don't know it ..... :lol:  Man ... i'm still running an older DX9 video card too ....
May 28, 2007 4:12:18 PM

did you actually read what i wrote? Ubuntu runs fine... it was xp x64 that had no support for anything... oh yeah, and I acutally use my computer for more than looking at pr0n. You know, like running my wireless xbox controller through the usb (just one eg.) and xp x64 (a microsoft product) wouldn't even recognize it, not to mention a huge bundle of other random hardware I have laying around... ubuntu x64 on the other hand recognizes all of it... including the controller, right off the bat... hense the 20 minute set up... it'd be nice if you actually read and understood the post before you reply to it. So shista's working fine for you then? wow, good for you... x86 or x64? well, either way, have fun buying 2x the ram just to run the same programs I run.
May 29, 2007 8:54:23 AM

Well, you won't be able to play Crysis. And a bunch of other games.
May 29, 2007 9:41:18 AM

Quote:
You know what, I have had farcry since it came out and STILL havent finished it :lol: 

I always end up formatting and forgetting to backup my saves and then I'm back at the start again, so i start playing something else.


I gave up after i got dropped out of the helicopter with 1 clip of ammo.
May 29, 2007 9:54:30 AM

Just keep thinking positive thoughts and dodge alot. =)
May 29, 2007 10:10:41 AM

true.. tho i wont buy vista either unless there is a way of removing the DRM. i think its fair enough microsoft charges money for the OS but with all that DRM it just gets 2 much.
May 29, 2007 10:25:45 AM

why the hell was there a quik time link, just messing, none the less its not a supreme improvement but improvement none the less, i will be looking forward to seeing some DX10 only games
May 29, 2007 11:47:49 AM

yeah, i know I won't be able to play them... and that's gonna suck, unless somehow M$ sees that ubuntu is going to be their biggest competitor in the next few years and decides NOT to sue them into the ground (I still don't understand how you can sue a company that doesn't really exist, in conventional terms anyway) and instead either lets Ubuntu run some direct x stuff... or makes direct x stuff for ubuntu themselves (i'd prefer to see the former). I doubt it though, knowing most company policies in the US and major trends involving tech, M$ will just sue everyone they can to futilely try to keep the #1 os maker spot.
May 29, 2007 12:39:43 PM

Quote:
StrangeStranger wrote:
after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.

What? Far Cry was pretty good.


Certainly a better game than the competition i.e Doom3 and Hl2, two pretty but utterly generic fps.
May 29, 2007 12:43:47 PM

Quote:
would have been better if it was the exact same thing being done. but oh well...


In the Hunter video they were doing exactly the same thing.

Thats a level from Crysis single player and so as such is scripted. The Hunter will do the same thing every time.

All the additional debris, the stepping on the object, the weather effects - lightening and rain, the larger explosion and particle effects were all down to DX10. Play in DX9 and what you get is whats in the first video ie the scene minus the above.
May 29, 2007 12:47:34 PM

Quote:
again and again
dx10 is god and dx9 is a dinosaur ,,bla bla bla
and they choose crysis to make the difference...how convenient
ok evolution will go on it's way but one question arise
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?


Its an intermediary stage.

DX10.1 is just around the corner which offers hugely improved cinematic graphic capabillity and also performance gains through increased efficiency.

DX9 isn't graphically that different from DX10 at the moment. The disadvantage of DX9 is it can't render objects as efficiently and so this means that you can't have as many objects on screen or effects without bogging the system down.
May 29, 2007 1:24:01 PM

I think a DX10 game without a good gameplay is nothing... I don't care so much about all those effects when I get bored after 30 min of playing a game

that's my opinion...

So DX9-DX10 the same for me...
May 29, 2007 1:37:19 PM

i agree completley... well, almost... Good graphics are awesome but will only take a game so far... but i also think this is the reason we're seeing fewer and fewer playable demo's... cuz they just want you to buy the whole game... no confidence in the replay value... They eye candy gets you sucked in... that's pretty much all it is... that and geeks want the latest and best ALL THE TIME! haha... Personally I just want a pc that'll play games that look decent and runs all my crap without problems....(that's like asking for my crap to turn to gold but hey anything can happen)
May 29, 2007 1:37:37 PM

Quote:
StrangeStranger wrote:
after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.

What? Far Cry was pretty good.


Certainly a better game than the competition i.e Doom3 and Hl2, two pretty but utterly generic fps.

Your on crack sir if you think Farcry holds a candle to HL2.
May 29, 2007 1:43:46 PM

crack smokers are so funny sometimes! Yeah, hl2 was a pretty good game, i don't even think i played far cry for more than like 10 minutes so i couldn't give you a good opinion of it... Doom 3.. yeah, played that for about 20 minutes before i got ticked off and dropped it... but hey, that's only about 80 cents a minute i paid to play it... so i guess it's cheeper than talking to a phone whore... I'm thinkin about selling all my xbox games on e-bay just to pay for some ram or a video card for my pc... i doubt they'll bring more than 50 bucks... better than nothin though?
!