Crysis DX9 vs DX10 video

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I watched those videos yesterday and though the dx10 improvements were good I came away thinking the video's action favoured dx10.

In the hunter video they show a longer clip where the hunter sends more debris flying when it steps on it. In the dx9 video that event doesn't take place making it hard to compare.

In the jungle video I don't know if it is a result of dx10 but the character seems to shoot down more trees for effect.

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
again and again
dx10 is god and dx9 is a dinosaur ,,bla bla bla
and they choose crysis to make the difference...how convenient
ok evolution will go on it's way but one question arise
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
again and again
do the dx9 code programmers reached the final wall in dx9 and dx10 will make them happy again....?or it is a intermediary stage until dx10.a release?

possibly. isnt there some talk about a dx10.1 (or DX11) which will need another hardware upgrade??

and what happened to all that pixel shader 3 hype??? Only a few games use it :(

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
again and again

possibly. isnt there some talk about a dx10.1 (or DX11) which will need another hardware upgrade??

and what happened to all that pixel shader 3 hype??? Only a few games use it :(
well it seems to me that game producers know how to milk our pockets
besides new hardware and new software to create almost realistic landscapes and games...well at first glance is awesome but...boring.
seriously the new games are totaly cool and so on but ..don't have what old games had.
my humble opinion
anticupidon

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
Also, i have yet to see a video of crysis that shows of the great A.I they've been touting. In all the videos they just stand there and get blown to bits. Maybe i've been looking at them the wrong way or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you, but in that regard i'm not impressed.

I do like the pretty pictures though :p

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
... or great A.I means they just stand there frozen in fear as most people would when a big guy with a gun attacks you, but in that regard i'm not impressed.

I do like the pretty pictures though :p
lol

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
yes you have a point great A.I. to me is like that you have the gun and fire power, enemies use camouflage ...one distracts you and the rest of the pack...well there are a gazilion of scenarios but....a real life scenario and dx1o textures and we have a winner but ..until that we have to wait :wink:

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
tbh i couldn't give a damn abotu crysis. also i won't take anythnig as fact until i see independant reviews when it is released.

after far cry i don't trust crytek to do a good job and won't until i have played it myself.

DarkKnight21

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
The game looks awesome on both fronts.

It obviously looks better on DX10, but I think that's a big case of Benchmarketing.

Does anyone here honestly thing DX9 is incapable of portraying rain drops? Or Flamey debris? Or even motion blur? I can think of a dozen games right now that have motion blur.

Doesn't really matter. I imagine by the time this game finally hits the shelves 80% of us will be using a DX10 solution in some form. Mid-range or High-end.

randomizer

Champion
You know what, I have had farcry since it came out and STILL havent finished it :lol:

I always end up formatting and forgetting to backup my saves and then I'm back at the start again, so i start playing something else.

jtm33

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
Although DX10 still does look significantly better than DX9.... im going to buy a 8800gts 320mb and i hope it runs dx10 games well.... if you look at the computer i currently have in my sig you can kind of tell that i am getting excited about playing dx10 games.....

duelen

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
I dont think M$ has to pay anyone to do that. they probably did it to get more sales and show how nice their graphics are.

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Same here.

It's going slow for me.
The game isn't that long & i don't expect that some pro guys like you said something like that!(unless you guys are so busy and don't have any time left for FarCry :wink: )
Maybe you guys wanna check this out!
Piece a cake! :tongue:
I disagree with SS that said he doesn't trust Crytek after FarCry cause that was an awesome game. :twisted: