Need a cheat

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 5, 2005 1:10:18 AM

Dug out Quake after 5 years still an awesome game, need a cheat for a level
that I haven't got to yet, I think it's called the jail house , involves
jumping over lave /magma and hitting a button, I never mastered the
spinning jump thing ... I don't need all the cheats just the one that makes
you pass thru' walls I believe .

Thanks ,
Phil

More about : cheat

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:12:36 AM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 21:10:18 -0500, Phil wrote:

> Dug out Quake after 5 years still an awesome game, need a cheat for a level
> that I haven't got to yet, I think it's called the jail house , involves
> jumping over lave /magma and hitting a button, I never mastered the
> spinning jump thing ... I don't need all the cheats just the one that makes
> you pass thru' walls I believe .

Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 2:37:17 AM

Pull down the console and type in "noclip" without the quotation marks,
of course. This will allow you to fly, pass through walls and floors,
etc. Once you get where you want to go .... simply go back to the
console and type in "noclip" again to deactivate it.

Frag on!!

thetodd

Phil wrote:
> Dug out Quake after 5 years still an awesome game, need a cheat for a level
> that I haven't got to yet, I think it's called the jail house , involves
> jumping over lave /magma and hitting a button, I never mastered the
> spinning jump thing ... I don't need all the cheats just the one that makes
> you pass thru' walls I believe .
>
> Thanks ,
> Phil

Related resources
May 5, 2005 8:37:33 PM

"Todd Day" <thetodd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Pull down the console and type in "noclip" without the quotation marks, of
> course. This will allow you to fly, pass through walls and floors, etc.
> Once you get where you want to go .... simply go back to the console and
> type in "noclip" again to deactivate it.
>
> Frag on!!
>
> thetodd

Thanks Todd !
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:07:37 PM

Dan C wrote:

> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?

So what's this ng about? ;-)

Pasquale
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:07:38 PM

Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
> Dan C wrote:
>

>> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?
>>

> So what's this ng about? ;-)
>
> Pasquale

Quake "2," there are also Quake3 groups.

How shoot red rope?

Mellow
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:07:38 PM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:07:37 +0000, Pasquale Imbemba wrote:

>> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?

> So what's this ng about? ;-)

You can't figure that out, from the name of the group? Sheesh.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:07:39 PM

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.05.13.15.35.17.244304@invalid.lan...
> On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:07:37 +0000, Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
>
>>> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?
>
>> So what's this ng about? ;-)
>
> You can't figure that out, from the name of the group? Sheesh.

but you are making a big mistake. The original poster may have said
"quake", but they obviously meant quake2 since the "jail" level is a level
in q2 and not the original quake. That is why it was posted to this ng and
not the quake group.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:57:11 -0500, Margolis wrote:

> but you are making a big mistake. The original poster may have said
> "quake", but they obviously meant quake2 since the "jail" level is a level
> in q2 and not the original quake.

I'm not making a big mistake. The original poster said "quake". If you
happen to have all the map names memorized, and know that he meant
"Quake2", that's great. I didn't know that map name (as most people
wouldn't), and I can't read minds.

> That is why it was posted to this ng and not the quake group.

He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:03:18 AM

In message <pan.2005.05.13.15.35.17.244304@invalid.lan>, Dan C
<youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> writes
>On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:07:37 +0000, Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
>
>>> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?
>
>> So what's this ng about? ;-)
>
>You can't figure that out, from the name of the group? Sheesh.

I think this group would be a good option for him, for the simple reason
that most of, if not all the Quake newsgroups seem to be dead.
I know, I've tried in the past, asking a question about Glquake, and
received no reply (and there were no other posts in said ng either),
whereas in here we have a pretty good lot who helpfully gave me a hand
in solving my problem.
--
Regards,

James Christie

"Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:05:30 AM

In message <pan.2005.05.13.19.10.11.284129@invalid.lan>, Dan C
<youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> writes
>On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:57:11 -0500, Margolis wrote:
>
>> but you are making a big mistake. The original poster may have said
>> "quake", but they obviously meant quake2 since the "jail" level is a level
>> in q2 and not the original quake.
>
>I'm not making a big mistake. The original poster said "quake". If you
>happen to have all the map names memorized, and know that he meant
>"Quake2", that's great. I didn't know that map name (as most people
>wouldn't), and I can't read minds.
>
>> That is why it was posted to this ng and not the quake group.
>
>He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.

What does it matter? It was recognised by others what he meant, and they
answered his question, that's what we're all here for, to share
information.

We are NOT here to be petty minded about how people phrase questions or
what the questions themselves are about, both of which contribute
nothing whatsoever.

If you're just going to be negative and petty in your comments (and you
seem to be alone in that stance), and if it bothers you that much, then
why bother to read the posts, or more to the point reply to them?
--
Regards,

James Christie

"Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:18:36 AM

In article <pan.2005.05.13.19.10.11.284129@invalid.lan>,
youmustbejoking@invalid.lan says...
> On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:57:11 -0500, Margolis wrote:
>
> > but you are making a big mistake. The original poster may have said
> > "quake", but they obviously meant quake2 since the "jail" level is a level
> > in q2 and not the original quake.
>
> I'm not making a big mistake. The original poster said "quake". If you
> happen to have all the map names memorized, and know that he meant
> "Quake2", that's great. I didn't know that map name (as most people
> wouldn't), and I can't read minds.
>
> > That is why it was posted to this ng and not the quake group.
>
> He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.

It's not like theres _that_ much traffic in here you know. Besides we
did answer questions about Quake even when there actually was quite some
traffic in the group.
--
Ole.C.Brumm[AGQ2] aka Skyvalker[AGQ2]
One Server to rule them all, One Server to find them,

> He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Personally I thought you were nitpicking , if I posted a question about a
Ford in Chrysler newsgroup it would have been sloppy.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 2:03:44 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 09:40:12 -0500, Phil wrote:

>> He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.

> Personally I thought you were nitpicking , if I posted a question
> about a Ford in Chrysler newsgroup it would have been sloppy.

Indeed it would, but why would you think there are both a Quake and a
Quake2 newsgroup? Why not use the right one?

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 12:22:37 AM

In message <pan.2005.05.14.15.03.44.108902@invalid.lan>, Dan C
<youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> writes
>On Sat, 14 May 2005 09:40:12 -0500, Phil wrote:
>
>>> He should have been clear. Don't defend sloppiness.
>
>> Personally I thought you were nitpicking , if I posted a question
>> about a Ford in Chrysler newsgroup it would have been sloppy.
>
>Indeed it would, but why would you think there are both a Quake and a
>Quake2 newsgroup? Why not use the right one?

Because the Quake ng is dead, no posts*, nada. Get it?

* Or very sporadic at best
--
Regards,

James Christie

"Luck is my middle name," he said, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:03:40 PM

Dan C wrote:

>>>Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?
>

>>So what's this ng about? ;-)
>

> You can't figure that out, from the name of the group? Sheesh.

Ahm, yes. That's what I wanted to say. The guy was asking about Quake 2;
you told him to ask in Quake ng. But this *is* the correct ng! ;-)

So, I figured out. That guy did also. But did *you*? :-D

Take it easy.
Pasquale
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:05:10 PM

Dan C wrote:

> Indeed it would, but why would you think there are both a Quake and a
> Quake2 newsgroup? Why not use the right one?

Hey, open your eyes: He *DID* choose the right one! :-)

Pasquale
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:13:39 AM

"James Christie" <james@christie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <pan.2005.05.14.15.03.44.108902@invalid.lan>, Dan C
> <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> writes

>>> Personally I thought you were nitpicking , if I posted a question
>>> about a Ford in Chrysler newsgroup it would have been sloppy.
>>
>> Indeed it would, but why would you think there are both a Quake and a
>> Quake2 newsgroup? Why not use the right one?
>>

> Because the Quake ng is dead, no posts*, nada. Get it?
>
> * Or very sporadic at best

ah-HAH! You Looked, didn't ya, huh? Din't ya! LOL!
McG.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:19:31 AM

> In message <pan.2005.05.13.15.35.17.244304@invalid.lan>, Dan C
> <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> writes

>>> So what's this ng about? ;-)
>>
>> You can't figure that out, from the name of the group? Sheesh.
>>

> I think this group would be a good option for him, for the simple
> reason that most of, if not all the Quake newsgroups seem to be dead.
> I know, I've tried in the past, asking a question about Glquake, and
> received no reply (and there were no other posts in said ng either),
> whereas in here we have a pretty good lot who helpfully gave me a hand
> in solving my problem.

a.g.q3 is about the most active of the three main quake groups. I look
in all three as I'm still playing all three :)  It's so nice to be able
to Load n Go, be fraggin something in 10 seconds or less :)  Not like
bloated games like Far Cry that take a few minutes to load a level and
be moving in the game. Or Doom3 or HL2.
BTW, I just last week got GLQuake working great on my main rig. Love
it!
McG.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:22:33 AM

"Dr. Mellow" <Mellow@spamblock.com> wrote in message
> Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
>> Dan C wrote:
>>

>>> Maybe you should ask in the Quake newsgroup?
>>>

>> So what's this ng about? ;-)
>>
>> Pasquale
>
> Quake "2," there are also Quake3 groups.
>
> How shoot red rope?
>
> Mellow

classic :)
McG.