Gigabyte MB reversed sound, pls help

Hi all,
I have a Gigabyte GA-M57sli S4, dunno what rev, and my pc speakers and headphones have the sound reversed between left and right. For ex, if i winamp i switch balance 100% left, the right speaker is working. This isnt a very big prob but in cs and other games it's really stupid. I dont really know what to do...i have the latest driver(on win xp ) and the Realtek HD audio manager that came with it, and there are no option that can help me... If any1 has any ideas, pls help
6 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte reversed sound help
  1. Could always order a sound card, get like a $30 Audigy and not only will your problems go away, but it'll sound better too.

Weird problem, I'm stumped.
  2. a new sound card it;s not a option :P thnx for the sugestion
  3. Quote:
    Hi all,
    I have a Gigabyte GA-M57sli S4, dunno what rev, and my pc speakers and headphones have the sound reversed between left and right. For ex, if i winamp i switch balance 100% left, the right speaker is working. This isnt a very big prob but in cs and other games it's really stupid. I dont really know what to do...i have the latest driver(on win xp ) and the Realtek HD audio manager that came with it, and there are no option that can help me... If any1 has any ideas, pls help

Quote:
    my pc speakers and headphones have the sound reversed between left and right. For ex, if i winamp i switch balance 100% left, the right speaker is working.

Try switching the left/right plug in on the MB. Swith the left and right input jacks.
  4. i cant switch the input jacks, cause there is only one o_O
  5. Quote:
    i cant switch the input jacks, cause there is only one o_O

So you have a driver/driver control panel. You should be able to setup your speaker configuration from that software. The fact that the sound is produced opposite tells me a re-configuration of the sound device is needed. You should be able to open the control panel and adjust the speaker system/output.
  6. Quote:

Try switching the left/right plug in on the MB.

Quote:
    i cant switch the input jacks, cause there is only one o_O

Switch the actual plugs on the motherboard is what badge was saying. That should fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Speakers Gigabyte