Nvlddmkm.sys has stopped responding

7hm

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Anyone else get this Bsod or screen goes black for a bit then comes back and says the driver has recovered?

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Have you tried: running a windows memory diagnostic?
setting everything back to stock speeds (if overclocked) ?
updating your graphics driver to the newest version?

Take these steps first, and post a response after you test it out.

sscheffers

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Hi,

Same problem here...

I bought a new computer last november (intel Core2Quad Q9550, 8GB RAM, Zotac GTX260 and Vista Home Premium 64 bit) and have had nothing but problems with the graphics card drivers. Sometimes the driver just stops working (Code 43 in device manager) even under normal load (not playing games or anything fancy), sometimes I get TDR errors when running 3D applications, games crash after a couple of minutes and the computer bluescreens (nvlddmkm.sys error) and running the 3D mark vantage benchmarktest also bluescreens in the first test after about a minute (performance settings.) Now the people that build the computer said it maybe driver corruption so I did a clean Vista install as they suggested and ran Vista update untill no more updates where available. I reinstalled 3D mark vantage...and the same thing happens, bluescreen after 1 minute in first test. So obviously this has nothing to do with overheating...and I don't care about voltages and bios bullcrap....I tried all the drivers...I just spend £1000 on a brand new computer and so far I spend 50% of my time browsing forums and installing and reverting drivers instead of doing any work, let alone gaming....it's very simple I bought a brand new toy that doesn't work and I want my money back.
Do I have any consumer rights here (I paid for a 3 year warranty)? And who should I turn to to resolve the problem?

thanks...

What components, other than the CPU and video card, were used to assemble your system?

Do I have any consumer rights here (I paid for a 3 year warranty)?
It depends on the laws where you live. If you already determined that it probably is an NVidia issue, can't you get a different video card? Could you exchange your video card for an ATI?