A post from the AVS forum

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
January 11, 2005 12:06:04 AM

I like others have the 62hm84 set and experience the same issues with
"grainy" pictures. My local cable company (Insight) uses the Motorola
6208 cable box and admits that Motorola has told them the analog tuner
is causing part of the problem (they hope the 6412 box solves this).
Having said that, when i run the cable straight into the TV, the picture
is better, but not what it should be... it reminds me of an old
projection TV with one of the guns slightly out of alignment. I know
that there is a service menu with basically just settings (non-user
friendly), but is a "calibration" on this set possible (with a Toshiba
repair person of course). I don't want to chase a solution that won't
help the issue.

More about : post avs forum

January 11, 2005 12:18:08 AM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:04 -0700, Sharon <me7@privacy.net> wrote:

>I like others have the 62hm84 set and experience the same issues with
>"grainy" pictures. My local cable company (Insight) uses the Motorola
>6208 cable box and admits that Motorola has told them the analog tuner
>is causing part of the problem (they hope the 6412 box solves this).
>Having said that, when i run the cable straight into the TV, the picture
>is better, but not what it should be... it reminds me of an old
>projection TV with one of the guns slightly out of alignment. I know
>that there is a service menu with basically just settings (non-user
>friendly), but is a "calibration" on this set possible (with a Toshiba
>repair person of course). I don't want to chase a solution that won't
>help the issue.

I doubt you could even "tune" or align it.

Manufactured by the cheapest bidder and given away by the generous
cable companies.
!