Starting In Safemode

I believe I can re-start my PC in Safe Mode without using F8 - can anyone
help? I have a wireless keyboard with an F Lock key and it takes ages
sometime to get the option to start in safe mode to work!

You can add all F8 menu options to the main boot menu. Edit c:\boot.ini.

Firstly reduce the timeout to something reasonable. If you have 2 or more
options the menu is shown so you probably don't have to wait 30 secs at
present. I find 2 secs is ample time.

Copy the last line and add /safeboot:minimal

[boot loader]
timeout=2
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect
Professional" /fastdetect /safeboot:minimal

Type boot.ini into help while online for all switches.

"jim.macintyre@ntlworld.remove.com" <jim.macintyre@ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:yNhle.14$Su1.6@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...