Craigzie

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Recently put together a new system with all new components but when I power it up there isn't any signal to the monitor, I think the mouse and keyboard are getting some (they're getting power at least) but my monitor won't go off standby with the new system. I took all the parts out and put them back in, theres no physical damage and everything was done gently. The monitor works as I'm using it with my old system, I've tried switching the ram and graphics cards (only using 1 of each right now to try and get it started) and it doesnt seem to be them.

When I turn it on everything powers up, case fans, heatsink fan, gfx fans start spinning and lights are on etc but just getting nothing to the monitor.

Specs are:

BFG 800W PSU
EVGA nForce 680i SLi (Socket 775)
2x Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5
Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 NCQ 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600
2x BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB

I've seen similar threads to this but they've been from working systems, but since this has never worked I can't view any bios or change any settings in software. Is it likely to be something simple or something faulty?

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
Well unfortunately that is not a valid code :D Maybe you can get a shop near you to flash the bios for you to the new version that does support quad cores.Or borrow a dual core or other processor fit for socket775 and see if it boots, and do it yourself. I believe there is a way to flash without the board working but i guess you need special equipment for that.
You could also RMA the board if you feel you don't need the hassle for something that should just work.
Are you sure the onboard display doesn't flash the code by real fast??
Sucks if things don't work the way they're supposed to :?

Latest posts