Looking for XP Home compatable drivers - DLL files

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now XP
Home.

Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP compatable
and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.

NTKERN.VXD
PMXSCAN.SYS
PMXUSB.CPL
VMM32.VXD

The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to their
web site and NEC site with no luck.

Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
here.

Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully help
out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
More about looking home compatable drivers files
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
    many drivers here some work and some don't.

    http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message

[...]

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    "whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message

    > When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with
    > a ReadyScan
    > 636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to
    > 98SE and now XP
    > Home.
    >
    > Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not
    > XP compatable
    > and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of
    > the drivers.
    >
    > NTKERN.VXD
    > PMXSCAN.SYS
    > PMXUSB.CPL
    > VMM32.VXD
    >
    > The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I
    > went to their
    > web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >
    > Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on
    > fixed income
    > here.
    >
    > Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to
    > hopefully help
    > out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

    > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

    If you can find a driver written for Windows 2000 you might want
    to give it a try. Often they will work in XP as well.

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:55:00 -0500, "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote:

    >They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
    >many drivers here some work and some don't.
    >
    >http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
    >
    >--
    >Good Day
    >River Rat
    >

    >"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
    >

    >When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
    >636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now XP
    >Home.
    >
    >Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
    >compatable
    >and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
    >
    >NTKERN.VXD
    >PMXSCAN.SYS
    >PMXUSB.CPL
    >VMM32.VXD
    >
    >The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to their
    >web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >
    >Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
    >here.
    >
    >Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully help
    >out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    And your reply was???????

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "whayface" <whayfaceSPAM7540722@yahooJUNK.com> wrote in message
    On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:55:00 -0500, "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote:

    >They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
    >many drivers here some work and some don't.
    >
    >http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
    >
    >--
    >Good Day
    >River Rat
    >

    >"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
    >

    >When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
    >636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
    >XP
    >Home.
    >
    >Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
    >compatable
    >and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
    >
    >NTKERN.VXD
    >PMXSCAN.SYS
    >PMXUSB.CPL
    >VMM32.VXD
    >
    >The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
    >their
    >web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >
    >Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
    >here.
    >
    >Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully
    >help
    >out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Sorry hit wrong button.

    Got files and are XP compatable and it shows a "flatbed" scanner instead of "ReadyScan
    636i USB scanner" but when I try to use it nothing happens. No program, no error
    message, nothing.

    Maybe I will check out new scanners,

    Thanks all for all the help in getting XP up and going. No more questions for right now.

    God bless.

    >And your reply was???????
    >
    >Good Day
    >River Rat
    >
    >>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
    >>many drivers here some work and some don't.
    >>
    >>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
    >>
    >>--
    >>Good Day
    >>River Rat
    >>
    >>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
    >>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
    >>XP
    >>Home.
    >>
    >>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
    >>compatable
    >>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
    >>
    >>NTKERN.VXD
    >>PMXSCAN.SYS
    >>PMXUSB.CPL
    >>VMM32.VXD
    >>
    >>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
    >>their
    >>web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >>
    >>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
    >>here.

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Sorry
    Like I said some work & some don't.

    Scanners are very inexpensive if you shop for the right deals.
    http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Scanners_W0QQfromZR4QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ11205QQsocmdZListingItemList

    I will recommend a Visioneer be sure to buy new or reconditioned with
    warranty. Make sure it comes with ScanSoft Paperport (usually offered with
    Visioneer Scanners) Software. This is handy software.

    --

    Sorry hit wrong button.

    Got files and are XP compatable and it shows a "flatbed" scanner instead of
    "ReadyScan
    636i USB scanner" but when I try to use it nothing happens. No program, no
    error
    message, nothing.

    Maybe I will check out new scanners,

    Thanks all for all the help in getting XP up and going. No more questions
    for right now.

    God bless.

    >And your reply was???????
    >
    >Good Day
    >River Rat
    >
    >>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
    >>many drivers here some work and some don't.
    >>
    >>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
    >>
    >>--
    >>Good Day
    >>River Rat
    >>
    >>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
    >>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
    >>XP
    >>Home.
    >>
    >>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
    >>compatable
    >>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the
    >>drivers.
    >>
    >>NTKERN.VXD
    >>PMXSCAN.SYS
    >>PMXUSB.CPL
    >>VMM32.VXD
    >>
    >>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
    >>their
    >>web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >>
    >>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
    >>here.

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Win 98 Second Edition and on drivers can also work on XP (and 2000) if they
    are WDM drivers and don't use any NT specific functions.
    "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    > "whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with
    > > a ReadyScan
    > > 636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to
    > > 98SE and now XP
    > > Home.
    > >
    > > Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not
    > > XP compatable
    > > and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of
    > > the drivers.
    > >
    > > NTKERN.VXD
    > > PMXSCAN.SYS
    > > PMXUSB.CPL
    > > VMM32.VXD
    > >
    > > The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I
    > > went to their
    > > web site and NEC site with no luck.
    > >
    > > Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on
    > > fixed income
    > > here.
    > >
    > > Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to
    > > hopefully help
    > > out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.
    > >

    > > --
    > > *****************************************************
    > > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    > > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
    > > *****************************************************
    > >

    > If you can find a driver written for Windows 2000 you might want
    > to give it a try. Often they will work in XP as well.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Nepatsfan

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    By the way, the scanner is made by NEC (Japanese).
    Gene K

    David Candy wrote:
    > Win 98 Second Edition and on drivers can also work on XP (and 2000) if they
    > are WDM drivers and don't use any NT specific functions.
    > "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with
    >>>a ReadyScan
    >>>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to
    >>>98SE and now XP
    >>>Home.
    >>>
    >>>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not
    >>>XP compatable
    >>>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of
    >>>the drivers.
    >>>
    >>>NTKERN.VXD
    >>>PMXSCAN.SYS
    >>>PMXUSB.CPL
    >>>VMM32.VXD
    >>>
    >>>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I
    >>>went to their
    >>>web site and NEC site with no luck.
    >>>
    >>>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on
    >>>fixed income
    >>>here.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to
    >>>hopefully help
    >>>out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    >>>Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
    >>>

    >>If you can find a driver written for Windows 2000 you might want
    >>to give it a try. Often they will work in XP as well.
    >>
    >>Good luck
    >>
    >>Nepatsfan

Drivers Microsoft Windows XP