Looking for XP Home compatable drivers - DLL files

a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 6:22:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now XP
Home.

Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP compatable
and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.

NTKERN.VXD
PMXSCAN.SYS
PMXUSB.CPL
VMM32.VXD

The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to their
web site and NEC site with no luck.

Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
here.

Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully help
out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 6:22:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
many drivers here some work and some don't.

http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm

--
Good Day
River Rat

"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message

When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now XP
Home.

Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
compatable
and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.

NTKERN.VXD
PMXSCAN.SYS
PMXUSB.CPL
VMM32.VXD

The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to their
web site and NEC site with no luck.

Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
here.

Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully help
out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 6:22:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message

> When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with
> a ReadyScan
> 636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to
> 98SE and now XP
> Home.
>
> Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not
> XP compatable
> and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of
> the drivers.
>
> NTKERN.VXD
> PMXSCAN.SYS
> PMXUSB.CPL
> VMM32.VXD
>
> The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I
> went to their
> web site and NEC site with no luck.
>
> Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on
> fixed income
> here.
>
> Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to
> hopefully help
> out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

If you can find a driver written for Windows 2000 you might want
to give it a try. Often they will work in XP as well.

Good luck

Nepatsfan
a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 8:23:32 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:55:00 -0500, "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote:

>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
>many drivers here some work and some don't.
>
>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
>
>--
>Good Day
>River Rat
>

>"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
>

>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now XP
>Home.
>
>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
>compatable
>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
>
>NTKERN.VXD
>PMXSCAN.SYS
>PMXUSB.CPL
>VMM32.VXD
>
>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to their
>web site and NEC site with no luck.
>
>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
>here.
>
>Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully help
>out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 8:23:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

And your reply was???????

--
Good Day
River Rat

"whayface" <whayfaceSPAM7540722@yahooJUNK.com> wrote in message
news:p vtb91t8l5saitkvuj8ucn5vq40gfkmv84@4ax.com...
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:55:00 -0500, "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote:

>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
>many drivers here some work and some don't.
>
>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
>
>--
>Good Day
>River Rat
>

>"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
>

>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
>XP
>Home.
>
>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
>compatable
>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
>
>NTKERN.VXD
>PMXSCAN.SYS
>PMXUSB.CPL
>VMM32.VXD
>
>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
>their
>web site and NEC site with no luck.
>
>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
>here.
>
>Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to hopefully
>help
>out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 8:51:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Sorry hit wrong button.

Got files and are XP compatable and it shows a "flatbed" scanner instead of "ReadyScan
636i USB scanner" but when I try to use it nothing happens. No program, no error
message, nothing.

Maybe I will check out new scanners,

Thanks all for all the help in getting XP up and going. No more questions for right now.

God bless.

>And your reply was???????
>
>Good Day
>River Rat
>
>>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
>>many drivers here some work and some don't.
>>
>>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
>>
>>--
>>Good Day
>>River Rat
>>
>>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
>>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
>>XP
>>Home.
>>
>>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
>>compatable
>>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the drivers.
>>
>>NTKERN.VXD
>>PMXSCAN.SYS
>>PMXUSB.CPL
>>VMM32.VXD
>>
>>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
>>their
>>web site and NEC site with no luck.
>>
>>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
>>here.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

a b \ Driver
May 26, 2005 8:51:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Sorry
Like I said some work & some don't.

Scanners are very inexpensive if you shop for the right deals.
http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Scanners_W0QQfromZR4...

I will recommend a Visioneer be sure to buy new or reconditioned with
warranty. Make sure it comes with ScanSoft Paperport (usually offered with
Visioneer Scanners) Software. This is handy software.

--

Sorry hit wrong button.

Got files and are XP compatable and it shows a "flatbed" scanner instead of
"ReadyScan
636i USB scanner" but when I try to use it nothing happens. No program, no
error
message, nothing.

Maybe I will check out new scanners,

Thanks all for all the help in getting XP up and going. No more questions
for right now.

God bless.

>And your reply was???????
>
>Good Day
>River Rat
>
>>They say this driver works, you will need to register to download, I get
>>many drivers here some work and some don't.
>>
>>http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm
>>
>>--
>>Good Day
>>River Rat
>>
>>When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with a ReadyScan
>>636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to 98SE and now
>>XP
>>Home.
>>
>>Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not XP
>>compatable
>>and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of the
>>drivers.
>>
>>NTKERN.VXD
>>PMXSCAN.SYS
>>PMXUSB.CPL
>>VMM32.VXD
>>
>>The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I went to
>>their
>>web site and NEC site with no luck.
>>
>>Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on fixed income
>>here.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

a b \ Driver
May 27, 2005 6:39:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Win 98 Second Edition and on drivers can also work on XP (and 2000) if they
are WDM drivers and don't use any NT specific functions.
"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
news:p a2dnUGyU8X0eAjfRVn-rQ@comcast.com...
> "whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message
> >

> > When I got system it came with Win 98 and the system came with
> > a ReadyScan
> > 636i USB scanner installed as part of package. I upgaded to
> > 98SE and now XP
> > Home.
> >
> > Thing is the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are not
> > XP compatable
> > and the ones I found on web are not either. Blow is a list of
> > the drivers.
> >
> > NTKERN.VXD
> > PMXSCAN.SYS
> > PMXUSB.CPL
> > VMM32.VXD
> >
> > The system is a PAckard Bell which is no longer sold in US. I
> > went to their
> > web site and NEC site with no luck.
> >
> > Can not really afford a new system. Am retired and living on
> > fixed income
> > here.
> >
> > Thanks very much. By way am going to get a box on XP Home to
> > hopefully help
> > out so I will not have to keep pestering you all.
> >

> > --
> > *****************************************************
> > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
> > *****************************************************
> >

> If you can find a driver written for Windows 2000 you might want
> to give it a try. Often they will work in XP as well.
>
> Good luck
>
> Nepatsfan

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 27, 2005 12:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

By the way, the scanner is made by NEC (Japanese).
Gene K

!