Best Weapon Script

Jim

I used to play Q2 and I had a script bound to a key that would scroll
through all weapons. The best weapons were at the end of the script so
the last weapon I actually had would be chosen.

I thought it looks like this:

bind a "use Blaster";"use Shotgun";"use Super Shotgun";"use
Machinegun";"use Chaingun";"use Grenade Launcher";"use Railgun";"use
HyperBlaster";"use Rocket Launcher"

I tried removing the quotes, I tried adding the commands to a new cfg
file and binding exec to that cfg file, etc.

I cant get it to work.

Any help?

Jim

grieve

"Jim" <Jim@no.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I used to play Q2 and I had a script bound to a key that would scroll
> through all weapons. The best weapons were at the end of the script so
> the last weapon I actually had would be chosen.
>
> I thought it looks like this:
>
> bind a "use Blaster";"use Shotgun";"use Super Shotgun";"use
> Machinegun";"use Chaingun";"use Grenade Launcher";"use Railgun";"use
> HyperBlaster";"use Rocket Launcher"
>
> I tried removing the quotes, I tried adding the commands to a new cfg
> file and binding exec to that cfg file, etc.
>
> I cant get it to work.
>
> Any help?
>
> Jim

all this must be in ONE quote, seperated by semicolons. and define an alias
when you want to bind more than one function to one key.

in my config, I get the best available heavy weapon with mousewheel up, the
best available fireweapon with mousewheel down, and the best available
alternate weapon ( especially grenades) with v ( which is right besides my
movement keys ).

-------------------

( autoexec.cfg : )

alias handwep "use shotgun; use machinegun; use super shotgun; use chaingun"
bind MWHEELUP handwep

alias heavywep "use hyperblaster; use railgun; use rocket launcher"
bind MWHEELDOWN heavywep

alias alternatewep "use blaster; use grenades; use grenade launcher; use
bfg10k"
bind v alternatewep

Jim

Grieve wrote on 6/1/2005 10:35 AM:
> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>I used to play Q2 and I had a script bound to a key that would scroll
>>through all weapons. The best weapons were at the end of the script so
>>the last weapon I actually had would be chosen.
>>
>>I thought it looks like this:
>>
>>bind a "use Blaster";"use Shotgun";"use Super Shotgun";"use
>>Machinegun";"use Chaingun";"use Grenade Launcher";"use Railgun";"use
>>HyperBlaster";"use Rocket Launcher"
>>
>>I tried removing the quotes, I tried adding the commands to a new cfg
>>file and binding exec to that cfg file, etc.
>>
>>I cant get it to work.
>>
>>Any help?
>>
>>Jim
>

> all this must be in ONE quote, seperated by semicolons. and define an alias
> when you want to bind more than one function to one key.
>
> in my config, I get the best available heavy weapon with mousewheel up, the
> best available fireweapon with mousewheel down, and the best available
> alternate weapon ( especially grenades) with v ( which is right besides my
> movement keys ).
>
> -------------------
>
> ( autoexec.cfg : )
>
> alias handwep "use shotgun; use machinegun; use super shotgun; use chaingun"
> bind MWHEELUP handwep
>
> alias heavywep "use hyperblaster; use railgun; use rocket launcher"
> bind MWHEELDOWN heavywep
>
> alias alternatewep "use blaster; use grenades; use grenade launcher; use
> bfg10k"
> bind v alternatewep

THANK YOU!

That worked. I thought I tried that but I didnt have a space after the
semicolon. I wonder if that broke it.

Anyway. You Rock!

Jim

In article <429dc6de$0$23578$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>,
nospam@nospam.com says...

> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I used to play Q2 and I had a script bound to a key that would scroll
> > through all weapons. The best weapons were at the end of the script so
> > the last weapon I actually had would be chosen.
> >
> > I thought it looks like this:
> >
> > bind a "use Blaster";"use Shotgun";"use Super Shotgun";"use
> > Machinegun";"use Chaingun";"use Grenade Launcher";"use Railgun";"use
> > HyperBlaster";"use Rocket Launcher"
> >
> > I tried removing the quotes, I tried adding the commands to a new cfg
> > file and binding exec to that cfg file, etc.
> >
> > I cant get it to work.
> >
> > Any help?
> >
> > Jim
>

> all this must be in ONE quote, seperated by semicolons. and define an alias
> when you want to bind more than one function to one key.
>
> in my config, I get the best available heavy weapon with mousewheel up, the
> best available fireweapon with mousewheel down, and the best available
> alternate weapon ( especially grenades) with v ( which is right besides my
> movement keys ).
>
> -------------------
>
> ( autoexec.cfg : )
>
> alias handwep "use shotgun; use machinegun; use super shotgun; use chaingun"
> bind MWHEELUP handwep
>
> alias heavywep "use hyperblaster; use railgun; use rocket launcher"
> bind MWHEELDOWN heavywep
>
> alias alternatewep "use blaster; use grenades; use grenade launcher; use
> bfg10k"
> bind v alternatewep

//BESTWEAPON
alias "bl" "use blaster"
alias "sg" "use shotgun;use machinegun"
alias "mg" "use super shotgun;use chaingun"
alias "gl" "use grenade launcher;use hyperblaster"
alias "rl" "use railgun;use rocket launcher"
alias "BWeap" "bl;wait;sg;wait;mg;wait;gl;wait;rl"
bind "w" "bweap"

its a bit too bloated for just a bestweapon, since I use the aliases in
other scripts, but I guess you get the drift
--
Ole.C.Brumm[AGQ2] aka Skyvalker[AGQ2]
One Server to rule them all, One Server to find them,