Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Stuck Between Three Companies

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 27, 2007 5:22:07 AM

So I am finally building a new rig after a long stint with my current one and Im stuck on which company to go with for a video card. I know I want a 8800 GTS 640mb but I cant decide between Asus, BFG, or Evga. I am not only looking for OC ability but stability and support from company. So any input would be greatly appreciated as when the last time I built a computer Gainward was the shit for graphics cards (at least I thought so) and I dont even see people selling there stuff that much anymore (the company still around? There stuff still any good?).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E1681... -Evga

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - Bfg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - asus

More about : stuck companies

May 27, 2007 6:42:27 AM

Quote:
So I am finally building a new rig after a long stint with my current one and Im stuck on which company to go with for a video card. I know I want a 8800 GTS 640mb but I cant decide between Asus, BFG, or Evga. I am not only looking for OC ability but stability and support from company. So any input would be greatly appreciated as when the last time I built a computer Gainward was the **** for graphics cards (at least I thought so) and I dont even see people selling there stuff that much anymore (the company still around? There stuff still any good?).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E1681... -Evga

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - Bfg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - asus


I dont think that Gainward sells in the US anymore.

ASUS isnt the best.

EVGA, BFG, and XFX are very good.

The major differences are in the warranties.

EVGA allows you to OC and change the stock cooler. The warranty is lifetime (for all of the cards except for mine :(  :(  :(  )

XFX's warranty is the same, but stays around after you sell it applying to the buyer. Therefore the resell value is greater.

BFGs warranty doesnt cover OCing or changing the stock cooler. Lifetime warranty as well

Go for eVGA or XFX
May 27, 2007 9:49:28 AM

I have the ASUS card (the 320MB model) and it comes with a nice bundle: GRAW, the full version of 3DMark06 and Race: The WTCC Game.

It's worth checking 1) the bundle offered with the card, 2) the warranty offered and 3) If the tech support is any good.
Related resources
May 28, 2007 1:36:00 AM

I bought the evga, but I think essentialy as long as they have a good rma policy thats all the service you will need.

if the specs are the same then either go for the least expensive one you can or if you prefer go with a bundle you want, ie: games apps, etc..

Asus is good for bundles, pny and evga and a few others are good for card only, a driver disc and a cable adapter but usualy not much else.

pny, asus, evga, bfg, msi, etc.. are good names established etc. just look at rma and warranty system with the company you want to go with in case you need to send it back, other than that though its up to you, get the least expensive with nothing but the card or pay a little more for the bundle or overclocked model.

Lump
May 28, 2007 1:37:56 AM

Quote:
I bought the evga, but I think essentialy as long as they have a good rma policy thats all the service you will need.

if the specs are the same then either go for the least expensive one you can or if you prefer go with a bundle you want, ie: games apps, etc..

Asus is good for bundles, pny and evga and a few others are good for card only, a driver disc and a cable adapter but usualy not much else.

pny, asus, evga, bfg, msi, etc.. are good names established etc. just look at rma and warranty system with the company you want to go with in case you need to send it back, other than that though its up to you, get the least expensive with nothing but the card o rpay a little more for the bundle or overclocked model.

Lump


my friend got GRAW bundled with his $145 XFX 7900GS. He didnt even know it was bundled with it until he opened the box. Nice suprise eh?
May 28, 2007 4:47:51 AM

Don't forget the EVGA 90 day step-up program also, could be handy if you find the performance inadequate and want a GTX after all or the 8900s suddenly come out.
May 28, 2007 5:28:51 AM

so question... if gainward doesn't sell in the US any more... if I got their video card would it work?

I wonder why they dont sell in the U.S. market anymore?
May 28, 2007 5:59:31 AM

Quote:
so question... if gainward doesn't sell in the US any more... if I got their video card would it work?

I wonder why they dont sell in the U.S. market anymore?


of course it would work...


you do see reviews of their cards her and there, notably their golden sample series
May 29, 2007 11:03:59 AM

evga 8800 640mb is a nice card, go with that... it works great in my system!!
!