SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION / PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
Hi All

Getting the above 2 errors, with the latter now happening less and the former very frequently. It's doin me nut in! :fou:

System had been relatively stable for sometime, when I say relatively, it's because I was running Windows 2003 server so I could make full use of 4gb of memory, without having (being forced by NVidia and Microsoft) to go to XP, as I still have a very capable AGP based system comprising of - ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA (not supported by Vista as the marketting blurb suggests), AM64 6000+, 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2...

I've since given up with W23k and gone back to XP Home Edition, using the /3gb switch in the boot.ini and it's utilising about 3.4gb of my 4gb.

BUT

My system is shockingly unstable, won't stay up for more than 15 minutes now, and gaming is well out of order.
I've swapped around the memory sticks and it's since gotten worse, they are well seated though.

Im swaying towards a duff stick causing the problem, but how can I tell for sure?#

Prime95 runs for about 2 seconds and throws up - FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 and the test stops.

Any other tests I can run? running the 2nd latest BIOS, as the latest made it all worse, got the latest 5in1 drivers of the ASRock sight, no device/driver conflicts etc...

Any advice please?

Thanks

Vinny

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
New BSOD - A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version.

And that's it, just the usual other BSOD blurb.

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
New BSOD - A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version.

And that's it, just the usual other BSOD blurb.