Wireless G / Bluetooth Interference

gkurpasi

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Help,

I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 (Bluetooth) and a Netgear WG311v3 adapter on a homebuilt Vista x86 system. During periods of high network traffic (copying files, watching remote videos, downloading from internet) performance of the keyboard and mouse become sluggish and unpredictable. I haven't noticed any severe degredation of network performance though. Drivers for both the keyboard mouse and the network card are current. Vista is up to date and running otherwise ok.

I've read that wireless G and bluetooth are supposed to be able to coexist. My laptop (Dell inspiron 9300) seems to manage both just fine.

Will changing the wireless G channel help, or is there maybe an integrated (internal) wifi/bluetooth adapter I can get?

Thanks

G

I'm getting tired to this problem too. I would have thought the geniuses designing communication would have a better solution for this type of behavior. Wireless devices are supposed to make our lives easier, not confuse us with sporadic issues....

Years later and my searches still cannot find a solution for this anywhere.

My setup:
Windows 7 Ultimate (although same issue with Windows XP Professional)
Dell 1720 Laptop with internal Bluetooth card
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
D-Link DIR-655 Router

I had the problem in the past with Wireless G on a Dlink 624.
Now, I'm using Wireless N connected in mixed mode (for legacy devices) connected at 130 Mbps with the same issue.

Sodoesn't seem to be a problem with:
Router (2 dlinks and a netgear same issue)
wireless setup (2 dlinks and yours, G and N)
O/S (XP and 7)

Still could be:
Dell 1720 Laptop with internal Bluetooth card
- have to try this with other bluetooth enabled laptops to eliminiate this one
Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
- I wonder which one you were using in your Dell 9300?
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
- have to try other bluetooth mice to eliminate this one
- make sure it's not a microsoft mouse since the microsoft 7000 appears to have the same issue