Driver for using Pen-drives/USB-memory keys on WinCE 2.11?

a b } Memory
April 11, 2004 9:14:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Hi all and happy easter
Do anybody know if there is ever made a universal driver for Pen-drive RAM
for Windows CE 2.11. I know that newer devices are sold with such a
program/driver.
Regards Erik W
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 12, 2004 11:33:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Good day,

> Hi all and happy easter
> Do anybody know if there is ever made a universal driver for Pen-drive RAM
> for Windows CE 2.11. I know that newer devices are sold with such a
> program/driver.

I don't think that a USB mass storage driver for Windows CE 2.11 exists.

Best regards,
Michael Tam

--
-------------------------------------
Michael Tam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

What windows ce machine hosts usb devices?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 9:33:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

The HP Jornada 820 has a usb host port - although I never plugged in
anything other than a mouse in mine (don't have it anymore - so couldn't try
it.)

Some of the newer Toshiba Pocket PC's have host USB ports.

<no address on file (un-named user)> wrote in message
> What windows ce machine hosts usb devices?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 12:19:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

ClevelandTech"
> The HP Jornada 820 has a usb host port - although I never plugged in
> anything other than a mouse in mine (don't have it anymore - so couldn't
try
> it.)

My wife and I have two Jornada 820's - one each. We use them a lot for
calendar, writing etc. Practically never think about that the devices are
6 years old, - they are in many ways better than machines.made in 2004.
But now I suddenly know why nobody makes a FLASH-RAM pen-drive driver for
Windows CE! The USB Host is a rare thing Windows CE devices.
Regards Erik W.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 10:08:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Good day,

> My wife and I have two Jornada 820's - one each. We use them a lot for
> calendar, writing etc. Practically never think about that the devices are
> 6 years old, - they are in many ways better than machines.made in 2004.
> But now I suddenly know why nobody makes a FLASH-RAM pen-drive driver for
> Windows CE! The USB Host is a rare thing Windows CE devices.
> Regards Erik W.

I still regularly use my J820 too. It has a USB host port that works
great with mice and devices that only draw power (e.g., I have a USB
light). I own a USB floppy drive as well and surprisingly enough there
are Windows CE 2.11 drivers for it. It works well with the J820.

I do wish that there was a mass storage driver...

Regards,
Michael Tam

--
-------------------------------------
Michael Tam
e-mail: vitualis (at) michaeltam.com
website: http://www.michaeltam.com
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 10:08:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Greetings Michael

"Michael Tam" news:407ba00e@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> I own a USB floppy drive as well and surprisingly enough there
> are Windows CE 2.11 drivers for it. It works well with the J820.

Whow - I have a Mitsumi USB Floppy for my laptop, may be the drivers will
work with that one? Do you where I can download drivers for it, or can you
e-mail the driver to me?

Thnx in Advance

Erik W
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 21, 2004 7:12:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

A buddy and I were searching for this driver last week. We never found it.

This is great. Thanks!

John

!