Copying data to a CD-RW

I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to My
Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and do
the back-up?
--
CJV

It would help to know which release of Quiken you have. Quiken 2004 had
several problems writing directly to a CD.

"cjv" <cjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to My
Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and do
the back-up?
--
CJV

I have Quicken 2003. I haven't upgraded since then.
--
CJV

"Raoul" wrote:

> It would help to know which release of Quiken you have. Quiken 2004 had
> several problems writing directly to a CD.
>
> "cjv" <cjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
> again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to My
> Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
> shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and do
> the back-up?
> --
> CJV

I am using Quicken 2003. I haven't upgraded since that version.
--
CJV

"Raoul" wrote:

> It would help to know which release of Quiken you have. Quiken 2004 had
> several problems writing directly to a CD.
>
> "cjv" <cjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
> again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to My
> Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
> shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and do
> the back-up?
> --
> CJV

cjv

Back up files to the HDD and then save to CD..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"cjv" <cjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
> again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to
> My
> Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
> shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and
> do
> the back-up?
> --
> CJV

Try doing the Quiken backup to some folder on the hard drive and copy/move
from that folder to the CD-RW.

"Raoul" wrote:

> It would help to know which release of Quiken you have. Quiken 2004 had
> several problems writing directly to a CD.
>
> "cjv" <cjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have backed-up my Quicken onto a CD-RW. When I try to back-up the file
> again I receive a message that Windows cannot read the CD. When I go to
My
> Computer or to Windows Explorer, the Quicken files are listed. Properties
> shows the CD is full. Can't Windows just overwrite the existing file and
do
> the back-up?
> --
> CJV

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. Appreciate your reply.
--
CJV