The New Antec P190

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
how does it work with 2 PSUs? i mean, are they sync'd? or is does one control the mobo, the other control all the other components? i'm pretty sure others have asked...pretty sure that I've asked as well, but still can someone tell me?

Yep, you're correct they are probably linked via the PS_on / ground ATX wires for sync'd power-up since that is the simplest way.

P190 manufacturer's specs, Antec[/url]"]Neo-Link 1200 Watt dual power supply system:
One 650 Watt Neo Power is responsible for powering the motherboard and add-in cards, while another 550 Watt, handles your drives and other peripherals

I did something similiar last year, although I would proabably swap the 550 and the 650 for the P190 since it seems more logical to have the 550 dedicated to the mobo/cpu and the 650 for all the other connections.

Ditas

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
so, these power supplies are completely seperate? i've never used a dual PSU setup, kind of wanted this case; but i must say i'm rather intimidated by it, the cost and the risk inherent in not understanding how to deal with it

actually; i would prefer a Lian Li A10... i dont suppose theres anyone out there who has a good information source on using dual power supplies? linked and unlinked if possible