Q2 server news.

Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2005 9:52:31 PM

Hi Troops,

You may have noticed that the server disappeared a few days ago. Fear
not. It's still around. It runs on my home computer, which has had the
same static IP address for years. Well, I woke up the other day with a
new address, and no way to restore the old one. Here's where you can
find it now;
ftp://65.25.162.32/quake2/

Stats;
The server currently holds 3669 files in 121 directories. Total
storage is 3.84 Gigabytes. It's up about 80% of the time. When I
download a big torrent, the server gets crowded out. If you can't
connect, just check back in a few hours.

When I see hundreds of megs going out, I check the IP just for fun to
see where the person is. My expectation was that most of the hard core
file collectors would be in the U.S. Not true. The Brits take the
lion's share, followed by Germany and Australia.

One thing that I can't see is the upload KB/sec so really don't know
how good the service is. If you have broadband, please follow this
posting and let me know how fast you are able to download.

That's it for now. Get out there and frag some Stroggs for the home
team.

Best,
Tom
(Kazoo)
Best,
Tom

My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
The addresses below are those of spammers.
You can ignore them.
They will get what they deserve.
mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

More about : server news

July 16, 2005 6:09:53 AM

I downloaded a couple of files and according to my performance meter I was
getting around 48Kbyte/sec which is around 384 Kbit/s - normal cable upload
speed?

--
pop is Mark
Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.
"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Troops,
>
> You may have noticed that the server disappeared a few days ago. Fear
> not. It's still around. It runs on my home computer, which has had the
> same static IP address for years. Well, I woke up the other day with a
> new address, and no way to restore the old one. Here's where you can
> find it now;
> ftp://65.25.162.32/quake2/
>
> Stats;
> The server currently holds 3669 files in 121 directories. Total
> storage is 3.84 Gigabytes. It's up about 80% of the time. When I
> download a big torrent, the server gets crowded out. If you can't
> connect, just check back in a few hours.
>
> When I see hundreds of megs going out, I check the IP just for fun to
> see where the person is. My expectation was that most of the hard core
> file collectors would be in the U.S. Not true. The Brits take the
> lion's share, followed by Germany and Australia.
>
> One thing that I can't see is the upload KB/sec so really don't know
> how good the service is. If you have broadband, please follow this
> posting and let me know how fast you are able to download.
>
> That's it for now. Get out there and frag some Stroggs for the home
> team.
>
> Best,
> Tom
> (Kazoo)
> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 7:29:19 PM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Troops,
>
> You may have noticed that the server disappeared a few days ago. Fear
> not. It's still around. It runs on my home computer, which has had the
> same static IP address for years. Well, I woke up the other day with a
> new address, and no way to restore the old one. Here's where you can
> find it now;
> ftp://65.25.162.32/quake2/
>
> Stats;
> The server currently holds 3669 files in 121 directories. Total
> storage is 3.84 Gigabytes. It's up about 80% of the time. When I
> download a big torrent, the server gets crowded out. If you can't
> connect, just check back in a few hours.
>
> When I see hundreds of megs going out, I check the IP just for fun to
> see where the person is. My expectation was that most of the hard core
> file collectors would be in the U.S. Not true. The Brits take the
> lion's share, followed by Germany and Australia.
>
> One thing that I can't see is the upload KB/sec so really don't know
> how good the service is. If you have broadband, please follow this
> posting and let me know how fast you are able to download.
>
> That's it for now. Get out there and frag some Stroggs for the home
> team.
>
> Best,
> Tom
> (Kazoo)
> Best,
> Tom
>
> My email is tom at clocktech dot com.
> The addresses below are those of spammers.
> You can ignore them.
> They will get what they deserve.
> mail@gaec.com travel@compassagencies.com

good to see your still paying attention Tom ;)

just tried downloading at 3:30pm central time and it leveled out at
45KB/Sec.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...