Closed

How to recover all files and pictures after a system recovery????

I was on my computer and it said to do a system recovery because something was missing and after the system recovery I lost all my documents and pictures and user accounts. I had so much and I was never told it would be gone..Please help me I am 13 years old and yelled at so can u help me please!!! Thanks!1
5 answers Last reply
More about recover files pictures system recovery
  1. What brand of computer?
  2. Quote:
    What brand of computer?

is a compaq and i really need to restore my pictures and everything but i really dont know how do u know???
  3. Did you look on the C: drive for the files? It you used a destructive System Recovery you can kiss your files goodbye.

Grumpy
  4. if you used the system recovery that came on the disks that came with your laptop, then your files are gone, the point of a sys recovery is to restore your computer back to factory settings so its exactly like as it was when you got it...

you may be lucky and recover a few files using a file recovery program, tbh though most of them will probably recover and be corrupt.
  5. Flakes said:
    if you used the system recovery that came on the disks that came with your laptop, then your files are gone, the point of a sys recovery is to restore your computer back to factory settings so its exactly like as it was when you got it...

you may be lucky and recover a few files using a file recovery program, tbh though most of them will probably recover and be corrupt.

Wait a second I want my photos back too and I do not know if it is destructive or not what so ever. I do know though that this was not done with a disk it was a recovery program on my computer on the start up. This is an HP computer btw.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers System Recovery My Documents User Accounts Computers Windows XP