Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to recover all files and pictures after a system recovery????

Last response: in Windows XP
March 1, 2009 7:59:39 PM

I was on my computer and it said to do a system recovery because something was missing and after the system recovery I lost all my documents and pictures and user accounts. I had so much and I was never told it would be gone..Please help me I am 13 years old and yelled at so can u help me please!!! Thanks!1
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 1, 2009 8:11:22 PM

What brand of computer?
March 2, 2009 12:13:58 AM

Quote:
What brand of computer?

is a compaq and i really need to restore my pictures and everything but i really dont know how do u know???
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 2, 2009 10:09:21 AM

Did you look on the C: drive for the files? It you used a destructive System Recovery you can kiss your files goodbye.

Grumpy
March 2, 2009 12:58:15 PM

if you used the system recovery that came on the disks that came with your laptop, then your files are gone, the point of a sys recovery is to restore your computer back to factory settings so its exactly like as it was when you got it...

you may be lucky and recover a few files using a file recovery program, tbh though most of them will probably recover and be corrupt.
August 24, 2012 6:06:10 AM

Flakes said:
if you used the system recovery that came on the disks that came with your laptop, then your files are gone, the point of a sys recovery is to restore your computer back to factory settings so its exactly like as it was when you got it...

you may be lucky and recover a few files using a file recovery program, tbh though most of them will probably recover and be corrupt.

Wait a second I want my photos back too and I do not know if it is destructive or not what so ever. I do know though that this was not done with a disk it was a recovery program on my computer on the start up. This is an HP computer btw.
!