Help please. PC just goes into "hibernate" for no reason

dj3642

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Hey all ..looking for some input on this .. as maybe someone else has this issue. My PC is an AMD2400 +. 1 gig ram .. A7V333 MB.. FX5200 Video Card. Actually for all practical purposes that is irrelevant. What has been happening is this. I have a couple of Partitions on my HD. Both of them XP PRO.. … and up till recently. Everything was working fine. But then the other night. when I left my PC on all night. I wake up in the morning and the monitor has gone off. Yet the PC is still on. Meaning you hear it still running. So I thought maybe something happened and the PC somehow reverted to like Hibernate or Standby mode. I have NEVER used either of those and it has never happened before. I had to totally turn the power off by pushing and holding the power button .. and then restart it. it comes up fine and is running. This is only on one of the partitions. As the next might I left the other partition running to see if it was a PC issue .. and I came in the next morning and it was still on and monitor etc. .. I checked the one partition with the problem and verified I don’t have the hibernate NOR standby settings activated under power options in the control panel. .. yet it still is happening. Finally I just said screw it and copied a previous image back into that same partition slot. It ran fine for 2 nights and now THAT partition is acting up. Again the 2nd one is fine. When I leave it running all night. except NOW. this morning when I restarted the PC. And it went into the problem Partition. NOW it is starting to “hibernate” for lack of a better word. After about 15 minutes. WTH?? .. I mean it can't be a hardware issue if the other partition runs fine.. but I don’t know what is happening on this. With nothing checked. Now when the monitor is blacked out on that one partition. The mouse won't activate. I tried CTL/ALT/DEL and that doesn’t work. Nothing wakes it up so to speak. I can only power it down and restart. Anyone else have those problems?? .. not sure what else to say. I use Free ZA.. and have not made any changes to the partition other than windows updates etc. HELP!!!!

AtaliaA1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Make "Sure" Hibernate and Screen saver are off, for certain. in your BIOS make sure
wake PC using USB is on. and wake using Network Device is off.

dj3642

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
yeah all are disabled in bios.i did check that even though one of the partitions never hibernates so to speak. i stil checked it and all is turned off. i just have no idea anymore.. dont know where to look .