Slight boot problem with my first Overclocking

Gorgon

Distinguished
May 27, 2005
Hi.

I just did my first overclocking, but I seem to have a slight problem. When I turn the PC on, the fan lights flash and the fans start for a fraction of a second and then it dies for about 2-3 seconds. Without touching anything after those 2-3 seconds the pc boots normally.

Is this normal? Do I have some problems with the voltages or something?

Thanks in advance.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
The Gigabyte DS3 is notorious for such "cold boots" type of thing. Dunno about the P5B DX.......could be. Nothing wrong, just a pain in the a$$ really.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Asus boards make it so you rarely ever have to reset the CMOS through a jumper (the only times I ever have to reset the CMOS on my Asus is when I really mess up some memory settings, like set the timings too low).

If the board refuses to POST, it will tell you on the next boot and prompt you to fix the changes in the BIOS setup. If you have the option for the AI Lifestyle screen turned off and just have it display POST information, that's how you'll get that message. Otherwise, it'll just seem like nothing's wrong. Set the board to show POST information, and then you'll know.

Probably means you set the FSB too high or something, just have to find the limit at your voltage or something.

Gorgon

Distinguished
May 27, 2005
I have it set to post, but it shows nothing, it boots normally except for that restart, and even that doesn't happen always. Just starts for a fraction of a second, stops for2-3 seconds and starts again with no problem. It has done this with 1.3v and 1.4v FSB terminal voltage. Since I have the bus speed set to 333, which is not much, I doubt its because the fsb is too high. All voltages are prety low, I think:

RAM: 1.95v
CPU vCore: 1.4
FSB terminal voltage: 1.3v
NB vCore: 1.45v
SB vCore (SATA, PCIe): 1.60v

Opinions?

TRENDING THREADS