Life vs. new computer

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
8O wrong forum.

Agreed. You should discuss this with people you know because people on the Internet do not have the full picture.

Although i can say if you cant decide by the woman you love and a computer you really don't love her (or have some very odd hardware fetish)

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Are you serious? 8O
I mean...Asking such a personal question on a public forum? 8O
Comparing a marriage with a PC system upgrade and giving those decisions same weight? 8O
Do you have any friend or someone you can trust? 8O

Here there are different people with different mentality, age, IQ and education, but none of us knows you, her or your families.

Anyway, IMO upgrading your PC means:
1) You don't know what you want
2) You are running away from the problems
3) You don't have anything better to do

If I was you and I really loved her I would think:
1) If I really want to marry
2) If I am ready for marriage
3) If I can earn enough for both of us and perhaps a child or two

The rest is very complicated and depends of what kind of person is you, she and her father. If her father is a reasonable man go there and talk with him, he will understand you.

RichPLS

Champion
Do you live in the basement of your mom's house? Do you have a career, education and/or current job?
I sincerely hope this is a joke... and you are not implying you do not have enough cash for a trip to india, a marriage and a PC?!?

If you are somewhat serious, you appear to be seriously confused and lost at the moment... and a sincere friend or counsellor may help you find out what is really going on with your feelings and help you find out which direction you should take...

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I'll go with the trip. No risk, no fun. You can have hundreds of PC's on your lifetime.

But... (There is always a "but") You should prepare yourself for the worst case scenario. Is she an adult? If she is, she can decide whatever the crap she wants. So if she is with you on this one, I'll say go for it!

If she isn't an adult, well... She can't decide on anything till she's 18. You may be commiting several errors going in there because her father is who decides.

Me, I don't like some old man deciding what a young girl should do about her life. I'll shoot the man on sight. 8O

metrazol

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
I think you have to ask yourself, what is the cost/performance ratio with this girl? We already know that she can't do DX10 and I doubt she'll put out a respectable framerate in DX9 either. On the other hand, the 8800gts 640mb is a proven card that should keep you in business for at least another year or so. Meanwhile, at the very least this girl means you'll be getting Indian tech support, and it looks like you're already getting bogged down for legacy reasons. On the other hand, I hear Indian girls have great onboard memory, especially if you piss them off. Nevertheless, my vote is for the 8800.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I think you have to ask yourself, what is the cost/performance ratio with this girl? We already know that she can't do DX10 and I doubt she'll put out a respectable framerate in DX9 either. On the other hand, the 8800gts 640mb is a proven card that should keep you in business for at least another year or so. Meanwhile, at the very least this girl means you'll be getting Indian tech support, and it looks like you're already getting bogged down for legacy reasons. On the other hand, I hear Indian girls have great onboard memory, especially if you piss them off. Nevertheless, my vote is for the 8800.

:lol: :lol: :lol: omfg can i put that in my sig?

RichPLS

Champion
I would go for the PC... besides I have your indian girl does give good head and fulfills every imaginable sexual desire, but with an OC'd PC you can download all the pron you need and save the BS, bithcing, drama and impending divorce once she finds out what a poser you are...

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
If you are pondering, for even one second, whether to value your geek-PC-l33tne55 versus real-life personal relationship(s), you don't deserve to have her because the obviousl answer is a computer is only a tool towards a goal, not a burden upon itself. Three years from now you won't care at all what computer you had three years prior, but the memories and possible future are what life's all about...