Linux Mint 14 installed itself onto a VM

I was playing with Linux mint when I found I was getting a lot more errors than I've ever gotten with an program / operating system ( I say program because when I was just a youngin I used IE and it was quite the annoyance). Anyway I was attempting to fix one of the many problem. I enter the command into the terminal (forget command) and it came back with something dealing with Mint being in a virtual machine. However I did not install Linux into a virtual machine (I believe I did the easy install side by side) I was under the impression I installed it on my second hard drive considering windows no longer recognized the drive as existing. I would like to know what caused this and how to install it properly. Unfortunately installing windows is not an option. Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about linux mint installed
  1. Hard to say what to do without more specifics. What happens now when you boot up? If you think you messed something up, I would just re-install, choose the option to over-write any previous installations, and follow instructions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Linux Mint Virtual Machine Command Prompt