Lost Internet Connection

Hi:

I had a friend install Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1 on his Windows XP
Home Edition computer. When he ran the scan it found some spyware which he
fixed (deleted). Now he no longer can connect to the internet. He is using
Juno as his ISP with dial-up.

He had no anti-spyware programs installed prior to the above.

Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem?

Thanks

P.S. I posted this on windows inetexplorer.ie6.browser Newsgroup, but did
not get any replies .I apologize for the duplication.

Close Microsoft Antispy by right clicking it in the system tray.
Connect to the internet and after it connects go into Programs and start the
antispy again.

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I had a friend install Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1 on his Windows XP
> Home Edition computer. When he ran the scan it found some spyware which he
> fixed (deleted). Now he no longer can connect to the internet. He is using
> Juno as his ISP with dial-up.
>
> He had no anti-spyware programs installed prior to the above.
>
> Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> P.S. I posted this on windows inetexplorer.ie6.browser Newsgroup, but did
> not get any replies .I apologize for the duplication.

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I had a friend install Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1 on his
> Windows XP
> Home Edition computer. When he ran the scan it found some
> spyware which he
> fixed (deleted). Now he no longer can connect to the internet.
> He is using
> Juno as his ISP with dial-up.
>
> He had no anti-spyware programs installed prior to the above.
>
> Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> P.S. I posted this on windows inetexplorer.ie6.browser
> Newsgroup, but did not get any replies .I apologize for the
> duplication.

You might want to try the following:

Download the following two programs, burn them to a CD and pass
them along to your friend:

http://www.spychecker.com/program/lspfix.html

Have him run Winsockfix first. If that doesn't work then try
Lspfix.

Here's a site which offers some other advice:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

Good luck

Nepatsfan

I don't know how Juno is working nowadays, but it used to be free/low cost by
presenting ads. If that is still the case, it may be the Juno connection is
one of those programs that won't operate if you remove the adware.

However, I'd try to fix the stack first using the directions above.