Sign in with
Your question

Can I reinstall Zorin after I buy it if I have the disc

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 3, 2013 11:17:41 PM

I'm deciding on whether I should buy Zorin OS or not and if I do I want to be able to reinstall it but im not sure if i can.
February 4, 2013 12:54:35 PM

yeah you can reinstall. though you should just download the free version if you are looking to "test" is out.

everything in the "pay" versions are available for download for free, the Zorin OS team just made it easier for us is all. I still recommend d/ling the free version and is you like it and keep it then make a donation to show your support :D 
m
l
February 4, 2013 3:17:13 PM

Well i tried to download it but it wouldn't work. i put it on a DVD-R and followed the instructions but it still wouldnt let me install it. i use windows vista right now and when i boot it up it goes straight to windows, i even set up my BIOS so that my CD drive goes first and it didnt work still. thats why i was wondering if i bought it if i could reinstall it to another computer because i dont want to have to pay for something and not be able to re-use it.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2013 3:26:53 PM

As I asked in your other thread, did you just copy the .iso to the DVD or did you use a prer image burning program? No point in buying a DVD if you're just burning it wrong.
m
l
February 4, 2013 3:31:05 PM

what kind of computer do you have (if it's branded like an HP or Dell). mine is a self-built and I need to press F8 to boot from a cd/dvd/usb (asus mobo). my son has an Emachines and you press F12 to boot. I think for my daughter's (ASRock mobo) I need to press Delete. The bios, I think, arranges the boot order but doesn't actually boot from the device ... I think. but as to your last question yes you can reuse the cd/dvd your order. also what software did you use to burn the image? did you make a data disk or did you burn the image to disk?

also, if you have a spare 2gb or 4gb usb stick you could use unetbootin to make a bootable usb (that is how I install different distros, no sense using a dvd every few months or every time I want to try something else). I think this method is easier, faster, and cheaper than burning dvds.
m
l
February 4, 2013 11:21:13 PM

Ijack said:
As I asked in your other thread, did you just copy the .iso to the DVD or did you use a prer image burning program? No point in buying a DVD if you're just burning it wrong.

I just copied it over:/ what would you recomend to burn it over (program wise)
m
l
February 5, 2013 12:36:07 AM

i think that is the problem ... I use ImgBurn for burning ISOs (when I need too also makes ISOs from dvd/cds). it is free also .

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

just go to the link , click on a mirror then click the green button saying "click here to download" ... after it is installed start the program and choose "write image file to disk", it should be the 1st one. it might work better to select the slowest burn speed to reduce the chance for error.
m
l
February 5, 2013 5:31:00 AM

Just copying the ISO doesn't make a bootable disk. An ISO file is a disk image which must be burnt to the DVD with the appropriate program. As already mentioned, ImgBurn is free and is ideal for this process.
m
l
!