Third party Q2 engines

While I'm here - I loved the third-party Q1 engine with the fog and
bump-mapping (I can't recall who it was by now). Are there any Q2 releases
that added extra bling, fog in particular?

--

/mel/

np: silence

/mel/ wrote:
> While I'm here - I loved the third-party Q1 engine with the fog and
> bump-mapping (I can't recall who it was by now).

Tenebrae, I believe.

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Not sure about the bling.
http://www.quake2evolved.com/news.htm
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1q2/

G.

Shinnokxz wrote:
> /mel/ wrote:
>> While I'm here - I loved the third-party Q1 engine with the fog and
>> bump-mapping (I can't recall who it was by now).
>
> Tenebrae, I believe.

Had a brief look at that - I've an AMD64 3200 with ATI9800Pro and still it
ran like a three-legged dog (with arthritis).

--

/mel/

np: silence

Riven

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2005

> George M. Reagan wrote:
>> Not sure about the bling.
>> http://www.quake2evolved.com/news.htm
>> http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1q2/
>
> Cheers - Evolved looks interesting, I'm downloading it now...

The Knightmare engine is truely awesome! With it, mappers can have
incredible numbers of moving characters on the screen at the same time. I
don't know if you guys like single player maps as well, but I have really
enjoyed Mark Shan's SP maps (especially Pax Imperia). This one is a real
challenge on the hardest difficulty setting.

Pax Imperia:
http://www.markshan.com/podstrn/noviprj.htm

Knightmare engine:
http://www.markshan.com/engine/kmquake2_016.zip

Riven wrote:

> The Knightmare engine is truely awesome! With it, mappers can have
> incredible numbers of moving characters on the screen at the same
> time. I don't know if you guys like single player maps as well, but
> I have really enjoyed Mark Shan's SP maps (especially Pax Imperia).
> This one is a real challenge on the hardest difficulty setting.
>
> Pax Imperia:
> http://www.markshan.com/podstrn/noviprj.htm
>
> Knightmare engine:
> http://www.markshan.com/engine/kmquake2_016.zip

Had a look, and it looked good, but then I discovered that it has problems
with the mission pack entities, and it is the mission packs that I want to
play at the moment. Ah well.

--

/mel/

np: silence