phoenixrevival

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2007
I have this posted in the memory section, but not a whole lot of action in that forum so I figured I'd link it here so I could hopefully get more feedback in case I decide to buy it so I won't miss the prices.

Link to the thread.

akhilles

Splendid
1. When I decide to overclock (up to 3-3.2), how will 4 gigs affect that if only 3.2 are recognized? at all?

No.

2. Will they ever fix the issue of recognizing all of the ram through a service pack in the future or will 32bit always be like this?

I think it's a physical limit. Another SP? You'd be happy if MS releases one last one for XP. I bet they'll start or may already have started talking about the successor to Vista. Every 5 years they have a new os. Maybe not home pc os.

3. Would I see a big difference between 2 and 4 gigs if my purposes will be gaming (WoW, Halo 2, Quake 4, Crysis?), light video work, and HTPC to a 1440x900 monitor and 32" hi-def tv (does ram even affect this or solely gpu?)?

No. 2 gigs are kinda standard for new games.

4. Ready Boost - they also offer a 1gb flash drive combo for $3 more or a 2gb for $10...they say you should have an equal ratio so should I opt to get either one of those two or would I not even notice anything since the ram will be "maxed out" anyway?

You mean USB drive? I only buy them if they're free. lol.

I can't believe none of them mentioned that 650i/680i overclocks the cpu & ram separately. You can even o/c the cpu & run the ram at stock. So any crap ram is fine. If you want to o/c ram, this is it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065

Or nothing.