hardware defect ?????????????

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
i had a computer freeze today , i rebooted and it wouldnt get past post , just went to a black screen with no operating system start up , i rebooted again and tried to get into safe mode , but it stalls at a point where it says;
multi(O)diskrdisk..etc etc Sys32drivers\Mup.sys

rebooted again with different BIOS setting and it goes through post , lists USB devices , PCI devices , IRQ settings and then stops after the last line where it says ACPI controller.

i went back in to BIOS and checked all boot priority settings , i tried to reinstall the operating system , but it goes through the windows installation dialogue , then stalls at the point where it says " Setup is starting wondows " and just hangs

i thought the HDD was faulty , so installed a brand new HDD , tried to install windows on that but get the same problem ., it just hangs and wont start windows.

any suggestions ,it is obviously a hardware issue , it cant be the HDD as i replaced it with a new one............... ???

Win XP
gigabyte 945GZM S2
duo core CPU
kingston RAM 512 Gig
Seagate SATA 80 gig drive
using onboard VGA

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
cant see a legacy setting

nobody can get access to this computer , it is a video surveillance camera recorder , it has no internet connection.

i suspect a hardware defect may have influenced BIOS settings though , could this be only a motherboard / chipset issue ?

i tried resetting CMOS by jumper , but still the same