Closed Solved

Sony camcorder software for vista

Hi.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV255E PAL video camera but I don't have the software to view it on my Vista 32 bit.

Is there somewhere i can download such a software program (Mine got lost and I bought it in another country)

thanks.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sony camcorder software vista
  1. Best answer
    If you're looking for drivers, Vista may include it. Or you can click Start, Programs, Windows Updates. Plug the cam in with USB prior to updates.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Hrv&q=DCR-TRV255E+driver+vista&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Sony doesn't list this item anymore.
  2. thank you
  3. n3f0ur said:
    If you're looking for drivers, Vista may include it. Or you can click Start, Programs, Windows Updates. Plug the cam in with USB prior to updates.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Hrv&q=DCR-TRV255E+driver+vista&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Sony doesn't list this item anymore.

Sir, you have saved my life!

I downloaded the sony usb driver from one of those sites on the google page that you gave me (i can't remember which one).

Unfortunately it doesnt' work on vista but i do have a second computer which still operates on xp and that worked fine!

I simply installed the usb driver onto the computer and then opened my video camera with windows movie maker. great!

it's a damn shame that vista has so many problems ( i got my vista computer as a gift - unfortunately i can't sell it, because that would be rude but i still have my first computer which i use when vista doesnt work - which is a lot! Microsoft really sucks

good luck to the people with only one computer (vista)
  4. There's a workaround for lacking drivers. I used it once on a laptop and it worked perfect.

1- format hdd's
    2- install xp
    3- install drivers for xp, apps, etc.
    4- upgrade to vista

bingo. That's it. The process seemed to certify the drivers for Vista. Every old device worked perfect. I didn't even download vista drivers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sony Windows Vista Software