Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sony camcorder software for vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 21, 2009 6:57:23 PM

Hi.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV255E PAL video camera but I don't have the software to view it on my Vista 32 bit.

Is there somewhere i can download such a software program (Mine got lost and I bought it in another country)

thanks.

Best solution

April 22, 2009 11:45:15 AM

If you're looking for drivers, Vista may include it. Or you can click Start, Programs, Windows Updates. Plug the cam in with USB prior to updates.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=...

Sony doesn't list this item anymore.
April 22, 2009 1:16:54 PM

thank you
Score
Related resources
April 22, 2009 2:23:11 PM

n3f0ur said:
If you're looking for drivers, Vista may include it. Or you can click Start, Programs, Windows Updates. Plug the cam in with USB prior to updates.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=...

Sony doesn't list this item anymore.

Sir, you have saved my life!

I downloaded the sony usb driver from one of those sites on the google page that you gave me (i can't remember which one).

Unfortunately it doesnt' work on vista but i do have a second computer which still operates on xp and that worked fine!

I simply installed the usb driver onto the computer and then opened my video camera with windows movie maker. great!

it's a damn shame that vista has so many problems ( i got my vista computer as a gift - unfortunately i can't sell it, because that would be rude but i still have my first computer which i use when vista doesnt work - which is a lot! Microsoft really sucks

good luck to the people with only one computer (vista)
Score
April 23, 2009 11:56:42 AM

There's a workaround for lacking drivers. I used it once on a laptop and it worked perfect.

1- format hdd's
2- install xp
3- install drivers for xp, apps, etc.
4- upgrade to vista

bingo. That's it. The process seemed to certify the drivers for Vista. Every old device worked perfect. I didn't even download vista drivers.
Score
!