Toshiba DLP TV Guide Set Up

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
January 12, 2005 2:44:34 PM

I have a TV Guide set up question for my Toshiba 62HM94. When I get to
the screen where it asks which input my cable box is plugged into it
only gives me two choices..... ANT 1 or Video1. We don't use either of
those inputs. We are routing everything through our Yamaha 2500 receiver
and do not have a VCR set up. We have the video from the TV hooked up
using the ColorStream HD-1 input which goes to the Yamaha receiver. The
Motorola 6208 DVR is also hooked up to the receiver as is the DVD
player. We are getting a very good picture and fantastic sound so we
want to keep it hooked up this way, but does that mean we can't set up
the TV Guide then?

Sharon

More about : toshiba dlp guide set

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 5:45:39 PM

Probably, TV needs to see the data stream either directly via Cable or their
box.
"Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I have a TV Guide set up question for my Toshiba 62HM94. When I get to the
>screen where it asks which input my cable box is plugged into it only gives
>me two choices..... ANT 1 or Video1. We don't use either of those inputs.
>We are routing everything through our Yamaha 2500 receiver and do not have
>a VCR set up. We have the video from the TV hooked up using the ColorStream
>HD-1 input which goes to the Yamaha receiver. The Motorola 6208 DVR is also
>hooked up to the receiver as is the DVD player. We are getting a very good
>picture and fantastic sound so we want to keep it hooked up this way, but
>does that mean we can't set up the TV Guide then?
>
> Sharon
January 13, 2005 2:22:31 AM

"Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I have a TV Guide set up question for my Toshiba 62HM94. When I get to the
>screen where it asks which input my cable box is plugged into it only gives
>me two choices..... ANT 1 or Video1. We don't use either of those inputs.
>We are routing everything through our Yamaha 2500 receiver and do not have
>a VCR set up. We have the video from the TV hooked up using the ColorStream
>HD-1 input which goes to the Yamaha receiver. The Motorola 6208 DVR is also
>hooked up to the receiver as is the DVD player. We are getting a very good
>picture and fantastic sound so we want to keep it hooked up this way, but
>does that mean we can't set up the TV Guide then?
>
> Sharon

My 52hm94 TV Guide didn't work correctly either. I emailed Toshiba and got
this reply.
"
The TV guide for your 52HM94 is being upgraded for your unit. TV guide has
assured us that this update should happen very soon and when it does it will
happen automatically. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You,

Leo

Toshiba Customer Service
"

Your mot6208 should output thru RF,component,composite video,s-video, and
DVI. Just hook up the RF to ant-1 or RCA audio with composite Video to
Video1. It only updates the menu while the tv is off. You can still use
you component input as your viewing input.

You also need to set up your G-link cable to your cable box, so the tv can
scan thru the channels. Mine would scan thru the night but never logged
any channels. That's when I emailed Toshiba and got the previous
response. I finally went through the install procedure and told it I
didn't have an ANT or Cable Box, and it stopped showing the menu. I'm
using the Comcast menu for now, but may try setup again in a couple of
months.

TomD
January 13, 2005 1:26:06 PM

TommyD <tom<>Doe@com wrote:
> "Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>>I have a TV Guide set up question for my Toshiba 62HM94. When I get to the
>>screen where it asks which input my cable box is plugged into it only gives
>>me two choices..... ANT 1 or Video1. We don't use either of those inputs.
>>We are routing everything through our Yamaha 2500 receiver and do not have
>>a VCR set up. We have the video from the TV hooked up using the ColorStream
>>HD-1 input which goes to the Yamaha receiver. The Motorola 6208 DVR is also
>>hooked up to the receiver as is the DVD player. We are getting a very good
>>picture and fantastic sound so we want to keep it hooked up this way, but
>>does that mean we can't set up the TV Guide then?
>>
>>Sharon
>

> My 52hm94 TV Guide didn't work correctly either. I emailed Toshiba and got
> this reply.
> "
> The TV guide for your 52HM94 is being upgraded for your unit. TV guide has
> assured us that this update should happen very soon and when it does it will
> happen automatically. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Leo
>
> Toshiba Customer Service
> "
>
> Your mot6208 should output thru RF,component,composite video,s-video, and
> DVI. Just hook up the RF to ant-1 or RCA audio with composite Video to
> Video1. It only updates the menu while the tv is off. You can still use
> you component input as your viewing input.
>
> You also need to set up your G-link cable to your cable box, so the tv can
> scan thru the channels. Mine would scan thru the night but never logged
> any channels. That's when I emailed Toshiba and got the previous
> response. I finally went through the install procedure and told it I
> didn't have an ANT or Cable Box, and it stopped showing the menu. I'm
> using the Comcast menu for now, but may try setup again in a couple of
> months.
>
> TomD

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I asked the question of Toshiba and just heard
back from them. Their answer is that the TV guide does only work through
those two inputs (Ant 1 or Video 1) So apparently if you hook up your TV
any other way TV Guide will not work. Right now I am using a DVR cable
box because my cable company doesn't have the cable cards yet, so I can
get a TV Guide that way. When I get the cable card though I will be out
of luck in less I change the hook ups for my system, which I don't want
to do.

Sharon
!