speedbird744

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2003
Guys,

I'm looking for some advice on wether to liquid or air cool, and what case and fans and or liquid cooling system I should purchase. I plan to run either a Quad Core 6600 or a Dual Core 6700 and would like to overclock. I currently have 2 7900GTX cards which I will use today... What should I purchase in terms of case, PSU, etc...???

Thanks

To a large degree, the case that you choose is a personal choice based on aesthetics and price. The other major factors are quality of construction, features that you like/will use, and airflow. I personally like the Antec P150 or Solo and the Antec P182. On the lower price range there is the Coolermaster Centurion (RC-531 or 532) - great price, quality construction and good airflow. Air cooling has the best bang for the buck for cooling the CPU/GPU. Unless you are in an area with unusaully high ambient temps, you want to do some high-end OCing, or just want to experiment with water cooling, you will be better served by going with air cooling. Some great air cooling options are the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme or the Enzotech Ultra-X.

lumper

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2002
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8000bws.asp

I just loaded one of these tonight, and I would say this is a great case for air or liquid cooling, has knock outs built in for adding liquid to it, top front rear bottom and sides are vented and have fans except bottom.

I really like i, on that page you can see their other models the kandolf i think comes with liquid cooling.

full towers are better for cooling, and easier to work with, just bulky in tight spots.

Lump