Quake 2 Models/Skins

I have just started playing Quake 2 again thanks to the Quake2.NET people.

I can't find any of the wonderful models and skins I used to have, and the
only place I can find them is at fileplanet and I am not prepared to pay to
download.

Is there anywhere else I can get the files?

grieve

"Kilgore Trout" <spam@nowhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have just started playing Quake 2 again thanks to the Quake2.NET people.
>
> I can't find any of the wonderful models and skins I used to have, and the
> only place I can find them is at fileplanet and I am not prepared to pay
> download.
>
> Is there anywhere else I can get the files?

ftp://65.25.162.32/quake2/grieve/models/

ftp://65.25.162.32/quake2/grieve/models/Q2_modelpack.rar

"Kilgore Trout" <spam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have just started playing Quake 2 again thanks to the Quake2.NET people.
>
> I can't find any of the wonderful models and skins I used to have, and the
> only place I can find them is at fileplanet and I am not prepared to pay
> to download.
>
> Is there anywhere else I can get the files?

If this be the same Kilgore Trout I'd seen around my local BBS's years ago,
Peace.

Michael

McG.

> If this be the same Kilgore Trout I'd seen around my local BBS's years
> ago,
> Peace.
>
> Michael
>
> McG.

BBS! Wow, you are old. 8-D

"Computer User" <Iam@the.computer> wrote in message

>> If this be the same Kilgore Trout I'd seen around my local BBS's years
>> ago,
>> Peace.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> McG.
>
> BBS! Wow, you are old. 8-D

Well, BBS's were all we "civilians" had easy access to! I started out with
a 300 bps internal modem card. By the time I could see the BBS's pretty
much all closed down, I'd found my phone lines in this area were limited to
26,400 bps. Then the internet opened to public consumption :) A few years
later, cable finally came to my town.
But yeah, I've been at it a good while. My grandkids think I'm *really* old
:)
McG.

> "Computer User" <Iam@the.computer> wrote in message
>>
>>> If this be the same Kilgore Trout I'd seen around my local BBS's years
>>> ago,
>>> Peace.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> McG.
>>
>> BBS! Wow, you are old. 8-D
>>

> Well, BBS's were all we "civilians" had easy access to! I started out
> with a 300 bps internal modem card. By the time I could see the BBS's
> pretty much all closed down, I'd found my phone lines in this area were
> limited to 26,400 bps. Then the internet opened to public consumption :)
> A few years later, cable finally came to my town.
> But yeah, I've been at it a good while. My grandkids think I'm *really*
> old :)
> McG.

Heh, I got into the bbs scene starting at 1400 baud. :cool: Barren's Realm was
my favorite game by far. I guess I'm getting old too!

I started at 300 baud. You could read the text as fast as it
downloaded. On a good day, you could tweak all the way up to 305.

Oh wait. I just lied.

My first connection was on a big noisy teletype machine.
Pick up phone.
Dial number.
Listen for carrier tone.
Place handset into the cradle on the machine.

We even had porn, but all in ascii. Print it off. Hang on the wall.
Step back several paces to see it.

Turn the machine off when not in use. Otherwise noise from the vacuum
cleaner would run all of your paper onto the floor, while typing
random characters.

It was a big improvement over smoke signals. Damned blankets catch
fire if you don't keep them wet ;-)

>> "Computer User" <Iam@the.computer> wrote in message

>>> BBS! Wow, you are old. 8-D
>>>

>> Well, BBS's were all we "civilians" had easy access to! I started out
>> with a 300 bps internal modem card. By the time I could see the BBS's
>> pretty much all closed down, I'd found my phone lines in this area were
>> limited to 26,400 bps. Then the internet opened to public consumption :)
>> A few years later, cable finally came to my town.
>> But yeah, I've been at it a good while. My grandkids think I'm *really*
>> old :)
>> McG.
>>
> Heh, I got into the bbs scene starting at 1400 baud. :cool: Barren's Realm
> was my favorite game by far. I guess I'm getting old too!

I prefer to look at it like this little addage:
"aging is inevitable, getting OLD is an option!"
McG.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message

> I started at 300 baud. You could read the text as fast as it
> downloaded. On a good day, you could tweak all the way up to 305.
>
> Oh wait. I just lied.
>
> My first connection was on a big noisy teletype machine.
> Pick up phone.
> Dial number.
> Listen for carrier tone.
> Place handset into the cradle on the machine.
>
> We even had porn, but all in ascii. Print it off. Hang on the wall.
> Step back several paces to see it.
>
> Turn the machine off when not in use. Otherwise noise from the vacuum
> cleaner would run all of your paper onto the floor, while typing
> random characters.
>
> It was a big improvement over smoke signals. Damned blankets catch
> fire if you don't keep them wet ;-)
>

> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:31:10 -0400, "Computer User" <Iam@the.computer>
> wrote:
>

>>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Computer User" <Iam@the.computer> wrote in message

>>> Well, BBS's were all we "civilians" had easy access to! I started out
>>> with a 300 bps internal modem card. By the time I could see the BBS's
>>> pretty much all closed down, I'd found my phone lines in this area were
>>> limited to 26,400 bps. Then the internet opened to public consumption
>>> :)
>>> A few years later, cable finally came to my town.
>>> But yeah, I've been at it a good while. My grandkids think I'm *really*
>>> old :)
>>> McG.
>>>
>>Heh, I got into the bbs scene starting at 1400 baud. :cool: Barren's Realm
>>was
>>my favorite game by far. I guess I'm getting old too!

I kinda miss the 'message bases' some of the local BBS's had. Ya made
friends, went out an met em shopping at the local computer type shops and at
the malls, had bbq's and picnic get togethers. These days, a friend you
make might be in England, Oz, Kiwiland, Kenya, Russia, ANYwhere. get
togethers aren't as frequent :-]
McG.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message

> I started at 300 baud. You could read the text as fast as it
> downloaded. On a good day, you could tweak all the way up to 305.
>
> Oh wait. I just lied.
>
> My first connection was on a big noisy teletype machine.
> Pick up phone.
> Dial number.
> Listen for carrier tone.
> Place handset into the cradle on the machine.
>
> We even had porn, but all in ascii. Print it off. Hang on the wall.
> Step back several paces to see it.
>
> Turn the machine off when not in use. Otherwise noise from the vacuum
> cleaner would run all of your paper onto the floor, while typing
> random characters.
>
> It was a big improvement over smoke signals. Damned blankets catch
> fire if you don't keep them wet ;-)

ROFL! Ah, the good old days.