Sign in with
Your question

How do i install steam

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 17, 2013 2:00:50 PM

does anyone know where i can get the installer?

More about : install steam

February 17, 2013 3:28:13 PM

What flavour of Linux are you using? If it's Ubuntu, you can install it from the Software Center.
February 17, 2013 5:02:41 PM

nigelren said:
What flavour of Linux are you using? If it's Ubuntu, you can install it from the Software Center.

you can also download from the steam website, it's a .deb file. installing on other distros is more involved though. I got installed on fedora 18 but I don't remember exactly how I did it, I copy and pasted a lot stuff to terminal lol.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 10:38:00 PM

nigelren said:

Ubuntu but i managed to get it installed but where is the source folder, i cant find it
February 18, 2013 9:17:40 AM

How did you install it?
If you installed it through the Software Center or Synaptic Package Manager, then in Synaptic you can right click the package and select the Installed Files tab. This should show you where the various parts are stored.
February 18, 2013 2:14:37 PM

nigelren said:
How did you install it?
If you installed it through the Software Center or Synaptic Package Manager, then in Synaptic you can right click the package and select the Installed Files tab. This should show you where the various parts are stored.

software center
February 18, 2013 5:51:31 PM

you just be able to type steam in the taskbar on the upper left hand and pull it up, then you can lock if you want to.
!