Sign in with
Your question

Does Silverlight work OK on Netbooks?

Last response: in Windows XP
March 11, 2009 9:42:46 PM

Are Netbooks powerful enough to run Silverlight Apps?
March 12, 2009 6:57:15 AM

yes
March 15, 2009 5:51:15 AM

Silverlight is the product COA checker to see if you are running a valid copy of windows or office, I had thought, I have never seen silverlight Applications
Related resources
March 15, 2009 9:04:34 AM

Well...the "big time" ones are the Beijing Olympics and Netflix. There's also the presidential broadcasts. I'm not sure if they still use it for other things but if you're into following Obama and his stuff, I'm sure you can find them on those gov sites.

Here's a cool one.
http://www.vertigo.com/deepzoom.aspx
March 16, 2009 7:15:22 AM

personally i dont want to use silverlight, i will be boycotting any website that uses it.
March 16, 2009 11:52:44 AM

Flakes said:
personally i dont want to use silverlight, i will be boycotting any website that uses it.

Why? What's wrong with Silverlight?

I think more of the work will be in-house intranet Aps at first, maybe. But eventually there will be more and more Silverlight. Mostly for video because it's said to be better than Flash...from the other manopoly.

Yo, I also know they are working on it for mobile. But we'll see how that one works out. Flash kinda sucks on it I know that.
March 21, 2009 7:35:13 AM

I'm with flakes, can you tell me one MS product that doesn't look like swiss cheese from a security point of view
March 21, 2009 10:34:41 AM

well for starters it only works with IE.
March 21, 2009 10:46:52 AM

Flakes said:
well for starters it only works with IE.

well for starters it ONLY WORKS WITH IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari...
to add, it runs on Macs and PC's with Linux in the pipeline with novell's Moonlight project, the official Silverlight client on linux.

sliverlight will be great if it takes off, and so far i have found it much butter for streaming than Flash.
!