Ubuntu not booting (Wubi)

thymanbearpig

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
System:
i3 2100, 10GB RAM, 6670 DDR3 2GB
Windows 7x64

I installed Ubuntux64 using Wubi, (for steam just like everyone else:s, I was using Lubuntu on another PC so not completely new)

My first boot the screen flashes like some artifacts, but it seemed okay because it continued to run. After installing steam and transferring over most of the TF2 files, Steam required me to update my drivers, so I updated to the 13.1 drivers from AMD (Proprietary). During this time I had a very slow experience with Ubuntu, I assumed it was just because it's my first boot.

When I reboot the Ubuntu loading page shows up, but it just stays there, with the dots all orange, no change. I waited about 5 minutes. I press the shutdown button and the screen shows the shutting down sequence, so it was shutting down perfectly?

I tried googling, but I'm not sure what to search.. What went wrong? Right now I'm in Windows 7 running normal.

thymanbearpig

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
Oh:s

I forgot what version D: I let Wubi do it for me, either 12.04 or 12.10.. Well when I installed Steam and when I logged in, I got a popup saying I need the driver from AMD, so I chose the stable one, didn't need the 13.2 beta. It downloaded and it said I was required to reboot for the driver to take effect, I didn't reboot until I finished transferring a few TF2 GCFs.

I meant to ask weather you downloaded and updated manually from AMD website, or did you use the one in the ubuntu repository?

updating manually from AMD website is usually not a good idea... you should use the one in the ubuntu repo's if possible

TRENDING THREADS