Turning Off PC Via Remote

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi,

I am currently running Vista Ultimate(32 bit) SP1 on a Gigabyte EX38-DS4 Motherboard. The power supply is Seasonic 750 Watts.

I also have a Gyration Universal Remote.

I was hoping to have the ability when watching TV through Media Center, to be able to turn off Media Center using the remote.

I am also trying to accomplish turning off the PC through the remote.

When I try to do either of these things, the computer powers down, and then powers back up. It repeats this cycle, until I manually turn off the computer via the power supply and then power it back on. At that point, it will boot into Windows fine and many of the programs will still be running, almost as if it went into some type of standby or hibernation mode(both are disabled)

Does anybody know, if it is possible to turn off the computer via the remote? If so, how do I accomplish it?

Thank you,

Allan

tonkaee

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
just taking a wild guess as i have never done anything like it, but on some devices (like my Razer Lachesis gaming mouse) you can set a button to a macro, and maybe you could come up with a macro to turn off your pc. not sure if there is a remote out there with that kind of capability though as with the mouse i can just use the supplied program and do everything that way

TRENDING THREADS