Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
I currently have a $12 masscool fan for my e6600 that i picked out at the last moment. That was back around Christmas. Now, summer is rolling around in Texas, and my idle temps went up to around 40-45*C and 3ds max rendering puts them at 65*C! I am willing to spend 30-40$$ on a quality heatsink with AS5 that will bring my temps down about 10*, and leave room for OCing next winter. 8)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I currently have a $12 masscool fan for my e6600 that i picked out at the last moment. That was back around Christmas. Now, summer is rolling around in Texas, and my idle temps went up to around 40-45*C and 3ds max rendering puts them at 65*C! I am willing to spend 30-40$$ on a quality heatsink with AS5 that will bring my temps down about 10*, and leave room for OCing next winter. 8)
In the price-range that you're considering, the AC Freezer 7 Pro gets recommended a lot, and gets good reviews. GL :)

AC Freezer 7 Pro

Mondoman

Splendid
I'm not sure what your Masscool looks like, but with your ECS MB, I'd certainly stick with a "downdraft"-style CPU cooler. "Downdraft"-style coolers, like the OEM Intel, blow air down toward the MB and out in all directions, providing cooling for the PWM area and nearby components in addition to the CPU. The Freezer 7 Pro (like many aftermarket coolers), while providing excellent CPU cooling, does not provide this secondary cooling function. With my F7Pro, I had to buy and install some small auxiliary fans to cool my PWM area because of this.