Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help Me get rid of Vista! PLz

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 22, 2013 3:34:44 PM

well everyone know vista sucks including me. i burned DBAN iso file to a NEW writeable disc but it wont get me into the DBAN menu. The system just ignores that the disc is even there...i am 100% the boot order is correct i checked it many times...if any one can help i will be so happy.

More about : rid vista plz

February 22, 2013 3:37:39 PM

How did you burn the disk? Did you just copy the file to it (won't work) or did you use proper image burning software (e.g. ImgBurn)?
m
l
February 22, 2013 3:40:19 PM

From the dban when i click to download i just select the disc but on the disc its a winrar file...now that i say this i guess this is my problem. how can i fix it?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 22, 2013 3:56:08 PM

you did not burn the disc correctly, the analog of what you did is putting a file on a flash drive and expecting it to boot.

You need to 'burn' the image to a dvd.
use imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/
m
l
February 22, 2013 4:09:19 PM

All of the english ones are at the top of the page:
download link
m
l
February 22, 2013 4:09:26 PM

nvm i got ill tell you if Dban works :) 
m
l
February 22, 2013 4:57:44 PM

i need more help, like on how to use it
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:19:52 PM

it wont let me burn it, it say "device not ready (medium not present)" plz help im getting very frustrated.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:32:04 PM

When you download dban, it should be an ISO file, not a RAR. If you have WinRAR installed, it probably changed it's file association to a RAR, but it is still an ISO. Don't use WinRar to extract it.

In ImgBurn, you select the first option "Write image file to disc". At the top of the window you must browse to the .ISO.

If it is not allowing you to start the burn process because of "Device Not Ready" you either don't have a new blank disc inserted, something else is trying to use the disc (windows is wanting to burn something to it) or you have a problem with your drive.
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:01:11 PM

i tryed another iso file but its says the same thing, its the disc but what could be wrong with it.
m
l

Best solution

February 22, 2013 6:07:44 PM

Presumably you're not trying to reuse the disk that you've already burned? Anyway, why waste a Blu-Ray disk on this; use a cheap recordable CD or DVD.
February 22, 2013 6:16:38 PM

Yeah its my dvd i tryed powerISO and didnt work ill get a cheap cd-r...thnk for the help
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:16:55 PM

Best answer selected by AvoidingZombies.
m
l
!