Sign in with
Your question

Linux Mint and Google Chrome

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 24, 2013 3:44:41 AM

Okay I am having a problem. I am running Linux Mint 15 and Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97. The problem I am having is when I go to yahoo.com I am redirected to there mobile version of yahoo. What can I do to solve this. If you need any more info let me know. I have not discovered any more websites that this is happening on but Ive only had the system installed for 2 days now and im sure ill find more. Thanks for all the tips

Thomas
February 24, 2013 12:26:45 PM

tkindlon said:
Okay I am having a problem. I am running Linux Mint 15 and Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97. The problem I am having is when I go to yahoo.com I am redirected to there mobile version of yahoo. What can I do to solve this. If you need any more info let me know. I have not discovered any more websites that this is happening on but Ive only had the system installed for 2 days now and im sure ill find more. Thanks for all the tips

Thomas

That is a portable Chrome version! Try
  1. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install chromium
in a terminal, as a suggestion.
February 24, 2013 12:41:54 PM

Is Chromium the program I need? The terminal solution didnt work but I found another way to get it
February 24, 2013 2:44:57 PM

tkindlon said:

Thomas

Yes chromium is linux chrome, so to speek &

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install chromium-browser chromium-codecs-ffmpeg

should work, installing some video codecs, too
!