Linux Mint and Google Chrome

Okay I am having a problem. I am running Linux Mint 15 and Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97. The problem I am having is when I go to yahoo.com I am redirected to there mobile version of yahoo. What can I do to solve this. If you need any more info let me know. I have not discovered any more websites that this is happening on but Ive only had the system installed for 2 days now and im sure ill find more. Thanks for all the tips

Thomas
3 answers Last reply
More about linux mint google chrome
  1. tkindlon said:
    Okay I am having a problem. I am running Linux Mint 15 and Using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97. The problem I am having is when I go to yahoo.com I am redirected to there mobile version of yahoo. What can I do to solve this. If you need any more info let me know. I have not discovered any more websites that this is happening on but Ive only had the system installed for 2 days now and im sure ill find more. Thanks for all the tips

Thomas

That is a portable Chrome version! Try [cpp]sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install chromium[/cpp] in a terminal, as a suggestion.
  2. Is Chromium the program I need? The terminal solution didnt work but I found another way to get it
  3. tkindlon said:

Thomas

Yes chromium is linux chrome, so to speek &

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install chromium-browser chromium-codecs-ffmpeg

should work, installing some video codecs, too
Ask a new question

Read More

Linux Mint Chrome Yahoo