Sign in with
Your question

Windows Aero Is Glitching Bad On 64-Bit Help Please!

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 29, 2009 8:46:37 PM

Hello i am having a problem and its bothering my really bad.
My computer vista aero in 64-Bit V
I will go to my start or what ever i am doing on my computer and the window names will disappear the the windows will be see through then my task bar will disappear then if its really bad the whole screen i'll flicker white and black.

Now i recorded this finally and i put it on Youtube so somone can see the problem i'am having because i know there is not many people out there that has this problem like i do .

The Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28iYKIaLh8&feature=chan...

My Computer Hard Ware

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack1
Acer Aspire 8930G 18'4
Rating 4.8 Experience Index
(CPU) Centrino2 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
(RAM) 4.00GB
System type 64-bit Operating System
(GPU) NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600M GT 512MB
HDD 1274GB
This is a laptop 18'4'' Blu-Ray

Here Is 2 Pictures Of This Problem Or Just Look At The Video At The Top!

Hope You Can Help Me I Don't Want To Format This Computer
April 29, 2009 10:04:18 PM

Vista Aero color scheme, the application you are clicking in the video, is not the same as the Vista Aero application. With a system that looks and sounds like that, I would stay clear of Youtube with it. I wouldn't be too optomistic if anyone asks to have you set up their desktop for sure. I'd say unless a party with lots of drugs and alcohol is in the final stages of the plan, your system is boss sick and needs a good stiff reformat.
Does it have a name?

click me

m
l
April 29, 2009 10:17:36 PM

badge I diden't ask you to be a rude jerk about it i asked for help not for some jerk like you that rather make rude remarks on a site like this when you can try to help people the to put stuff up like this!
(unless a party with lots of drugs and alcohol is in the final stages of the plan)
Ya the computer has a name its called vista home premium google it!
and the other stuff on the desktop is called effects and its been with me for years!

I get my computer back from acer after the computer drives crap out and this is what i get windows vista aero glitch its not because i have another computer thats the same as this one and with the same crap and it dosen't glitch like this computer so do not blame what is on my desktop just salve the problem not be a jerk about it!

m
l
Related resources
April 29, 2009 10:27:46 PM

You should be able to differentuate between Aero color scheme and Aero interface by now. GL
m
l
April 29, 2009 10:40:15 PM

badge said:
Vista Aero color scheme, the application you are clicking in the video, is not the same as the Vista Aero application. With a system that looks and sounds like that, I would stay clear of Youtube with it. I wouldn't be too optomistic if anyone asks to have you set up their desktop for sure. I'd say unless a party with lots of drugs and alcohol is in the final stages of the plan, your system is boss sick and needs a good stiff reformat.
Does it have a name?

click me

This dosen't help out the glitch one bit very pointless
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_aero_w...

diden't you see the appearance settings its like its there but yet its not o and look at the bottom to it!

ok
ok

Apply Apply Apply

forget about that this started happening before i moded the system its not the effects acer did something to it when i got it back
m
l
April 30, 2009 12:20:18 AM

Without knowing exactly what Acer have done to your PC, picking apart the cause of the fault could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The two oprions I would be looking at is first giving it back to Acer and demanding they fix it... after all they should know exactly what they done your PC and should be able to pinpoint the problem through the process of elimination.

Or secondly, before reformatting the HDD and reinstalling the OS you might try a repair install. It is only meant to affect system file so may well be worth a shot.

It looks like you put alot of work into your desktop. Have you considered using a backup utility like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost, so that you have a happy place to restore your PC back to any time you please.
m
l
April 30, 2009 1:42:40 AM

btk1w1 said:
Without knowing exactly what Acer have done to your PC, picking apart the cause of the fault could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The two oprions I would be looking at is first giving it back to Acer and demanding they fix it... after all they should know exactly what they done your PC and should be able to pinpoint the problem through the process of elimination.

Or secondly, before reformatting the HDD and reinstalling the OS you might try a repair install. It is only meant to affect system file so may well be worth a shot.

It looks like you put alot of work into your desktop. Have you considered using a backup utility like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost, so that you have a happy place to restore your PC back to any time you please.

Ya this computer as a thing called NTA backup when i first bought this computer i did a HDD screen backup but for some reason it will not work not even in the boot up F8 backup.

lol giving it back to Acer and demanding they fix it ive been there before with this computer and its funny i just got this back from them month 1/2 ago and i don't know what they did with it! Like i say'd before this computer hard drives were shot there is a reason for it i'll explain!
I got this computer on christmas i had it for about 2 months i dual booted the operating system with linux ubuntu V 10.0 witch killed the GUI bootup and trashed the mother & slave drives. So they replaced them i get my computer back from them 2 months after and when i get it back the windows aero glitched once and now its seaming to get worse!

Now i would send it back to them but i am not waiting for them to mess it up agean. thats why i want to fix this with out them & without a format.

Now i have been looking my self for answers or someone having the same problem and i see now luck! it just bothers me your working on something important and the computer has to mess up! there must be a install for vista 64-bit aero i am still looking but hope someone has the fix
m
l
April 30, 2009 1:51:14 AM

btk1w1 said:

Try'd that and don't want to format it or take it back to acer they are the ones that F!ed it up! there is got to be a way to fix it without having to do the worse!
m
l
April 30, 2009 3:21:47 PM

Get over it and format it. That's the only way you're going to find out if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. Back up what you need to back up and just do it. The video card is my first suspect... you can try cleaning the drivers out and installing the latest beta drivers from nVidia to see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, then it's time for a reformat. If that still doesn't correct the issue, then you have a hardware problem and need to contact Acer while it's still under warranty.

Yeah, reformatting is a pain, but it's necessary sometimes. The sooner you do it, the sooner you'll know for sure what the problem is.
m
l
May 1, 2009 12:20:11 AM

What ever i'll find my own dam way with out format when it gets worse then i will format this computer. Its under warranty for 3 years so i don't care. I am just wasting my time on this site! Don't even bother sending messages back i will not be on here anymore!
m
l
May 1, 2009 10:03:57 PM

You can only help those that want to help themselves. Clearly you're either unwillingly or simply too lazy to solve this issue. What is the huge deal with reformatting? Is it really that difficult? Acer would reformat the computer if it were required... so save yourself the hassle and do it yourself. I gave you an option to try before you reformatted... but you brushed that off as well. If you're not willing to take the necessary steps to solve this issue, then NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

You should have also received a report from Acer detailing exactly what they did to the laptop... I know this because I've sent many laptops to Acer for warranty repair. Read the report and it will tell you what they did instead of playing guessing games. If you cannot find it, then call Acer and ASK them. If you're not willing to do any of this, then don't bother posting anywhere... because frankly, you don't deserve any help if this is the way you're going to react.

Stop being a whining, snivelling little bitch and actually do what's needed. Either you want help or you don't. Posting here to complain that you don't want to reformat is the quickest way to get people to dismiss your posts entirely. A full software reload is sometimes the ONLY way to diagnose a potential hardware issue... you simply MUST eliminate the possibility of a software (driver) issue. You are the one that is wasting our time by not performing required troubleshooting steps. You will get the same answers anywhere you post.

I will say it one more time... and I will even say it nicely:

Remove the video drivers using Driver Cleaner Pro. Download the latest beta drivers from nVidia and install those. If the issue clears up, then you know you had a software / driver issue and you can go on your merry way without reformatting. If it doesn't, then you need to completely reload Windows and ensure it isn't caused by Windows files becoming corrupted. If the issue still persists after all of this, then you have a HARDWARE issue. You then contact Acer and let them know what you've tried so that THEY will know you have a hardware issue.

Now I'm done being nice. You will either perform the necessary troubleshooting steps, or you'll be stuck not knowing what the problem is. DO NOT post here simply to complain that you don't want to do this or that... because you will NOT receive any help from ANYONE. Take your computer to a repair shop and let them do the troubleshooting if you're too lazy to do it yourself, but for Pete's sake QUIT COMPLAINING. Yeah, reformatting sucks... no one likes to do it unless they have to and I'm telling you that you may HAVE to... whether you like it or not. Either way I don't care anymore... you'll either get it fixed or you'll sit and complain about it "glitching" without doing what necessary to correct it. Believe me, we're more done with you than you are with us at this point.
m
l
May 1, 2009 10:32:49 PM

^^^^PWNAGE! =)
m
l
May 2, 2009 2:04:45 PM

*** *** ERS *** you all anyways i will spam this message to!
m
l
May 2, 2009 2:07:20 PM

I fixed it with out format. i copied the one on my other computer it shows up and no glitching you are all usless NO ONE GET HELP FROM THEM!
m
l
May 3, 2009 6:06:35 AM

Like I said... corrupt file. You're the useless t*at that was too lazy to entertain the notion that you just might have to format your computer to fix the issue. Not every problem can be fixed so easily. I for one hope it happens again... eventually you'll get tired of refreshing the corrupt file and look for a permanent solution. Barring that, a nice, irreparable virus infection would be a lot of fun.

You do realize that if you don't find and correct the problem that caused the corruption in the first place, it will happen again, right?
m
l
May 3, 2009 6:27:33 AM

*** ed everything over for anty virus & cleaners programs i have
Norton AntiVirus 2009
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Registry Mechanic
CCleaner
Driver Detective

No Viruses here!
m
l
May 3, 2009 6:28:28 AM

i know why it happend it was because i was changing over my SID numbers and stopped the progress and messed everything over for anty virus & cleaners programs i have
Norton AntiVirus 2009
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Registry Mechanic
CCleaner
Driver Detective

No Viruses here!
m
l
!