....and WOW...I'm sick of it already.

Teammates bitching at you, opponents laughing when they have a 4-3
advantage and several levels on you. It's just like a real PvP
videogame now.

yes yes 'i don't HAVE to play'...blah blah blah

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:52:14 -0600, Magnus, Robot Fighter. <me@key.com> wrote:

> ...and WOW

Are we talking about City of Heroes or World of Warcraft here? :)

> ...I'm sick of it already.

Lucky for you, it's down again. :)

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:33:58 GMT, Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org>
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:52:14 -0600, Magnus, Robot Fighter. <me@key.com> wrote:
>
>> ...and WOW
>
>Are we talking about City of Heroes or World of Warcraft here? :)
>
>> ...I'm sick of it already.
>
>Lucky for you, it's down again. :)

I should amend I meant ON TEST SERVER. I don't want anyone thinking
Issue 4 is live.

Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:

> ...and WOW...I'm sick of it already.

Well, I just did a one-on-one, my AR/Dev vs a +2 AR/Ice.

And I killed him repeatedly for the 10 minutes by just chain disorienting him
with bean bag. So, um, yay me. But *yawn*.

And, as he said, I thought you couldn't chain disorient/hold/etc in the
Arena.

Hum.

--
| Victory Server: Global chat handle: @JohnP |
| Brother Grim - Level 35 Scrapper (Broadsword/Regeneration) |

"Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
say:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:33:58 GMT, Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:52:14 -0600, Magnus, Robot Fighter. <me@key.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ...and WOW
>>
>>Are we talking about City of Heroes or World of Warcraft here? :)
>>
>>> ...I'm sick of it already.
>>
>>Lucky for you, it's down again. :)
>
>I should amend I meant ON TEST SERVER. I don't want anyone thinking
>Issue 4 is live.

Damn you for raising my hopes.

I care nothing for the Arena (except that it may get some asshats off
the streets), but I *WANT* those new costume bits so the current
character can look the way she's supposed to (and have a bio - which
needs the bracer costume bit to be available.)

Xocyll

In article <slrnd4jl7g.cua.jp--usenet--spam--trap@p15122326.pureserver.info>, John Parkinson wrote:
> Magnus, Robot Fighter. wrote:
>
>> ...and WOW...I'm sick of it already.
>
> Well, I just did a one-on-one, my AR/Dev vs a +2 AR/Ice.
>
> And I killed him repeatedly for the 10 minutes by just chain
> disorienting him with bean bag. So, um, yay me. But *yawn*.
>
> And, as he said, I thought you couldn't chain
> disorient/hold/etc in the Arena.
>
> Hum.

That's true. Maybe the timer is only functioninf for Controller
powers.

But even so, the system is supposed to make you resistant to that
effect for a short time. Perhaps the disorient of Bean Bag is
higher mag than the granted resistance? It must be a bug.

How's your Bean Bag slotted?

--
Neil Cerutti
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server

Neil Cerutti wrote:

> That's true. Maybe the timer is only functioninf for Controller
> powers.
>
> But even so, the system is supposed to make you resistant to that
> effect for a short time. Perhaps the disorient of Bean Bag is
> higher mag than the granted resistance? It must be a bug.
>
> How's your Bean Bag slotted?

2 x Recharge and 4 x Disorient with perma-hasten on top.

Means it recharges in about 9/10 seconds.

Designed to perma-disorient bosses in 2 hits - once the second one's in
they're generally locked.

I bugged it on Test, once I get get back on after the disconnects, and I
plan to try it again when the Arena is back up and bug it in the middle
of a test fight so the right data's sent with the bug.

--
| Victory Server: Global chat handle: @JohnP |
| Brother Grim - Level 35 Scrapper (Broadsword/Regeneration) |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |
| Amaryll - Level 19 Defender (Empathy/Radiation) |
| Gravometric - Level 18 Controller (Gravity/Radiation) |
| Superheated - Level 5 Tanker (Fire/Ice) |

On 30 Mar 2005 21:52:03 GMT, John Parkinson
<jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

> I bugged it on Test, once I get get back on after the disconnects,
> and I plan to try it again when the Arena is back up and bug it in
> the middle of a test fight so the right data's sent with the bug.

Better idea: start that new system profiler thingie that SuperMartin's
posted about on the test forum before the fight, end it after the
fight, and send the whole thing as an attachment.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html

is this game any good ? was wondering if i should pay the amount to try
it out

Cowly the Game player
Games I support

http://www.gamestotal.com
http://www.spacefederation.net
http://uc.gamestotal.com
http://aw.gamestotal.com
http://gc.gamestotal.com
http://mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://3700ad.gamestotal.com
http://ballmonster.gamestotal.com
http://free_mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://strategy_games.gamestotal.com
http://free_strategy_games.gamestotal.com

>>is this game any good ? was wondering if i should pay the amount to
try
>>it out

>You do realize that you are asking in a newsgroup that almost solely
>conists of people who like the game...

<sinp>

Er you do realise this guy a spammer? His posted inane posts on other
NG often nothing to do with the topic.

hey thanks for the tip. must admit that i am rather careful of spending
$ on trying out something. would be great if they have a free trial or
something. anyhow so far the game sure sounds great. wonder whos the
guys behind this all.

Cowly the Game player

Games I support

http://www.gamestotal.com
http://www.spacefederation.net
http://uc.gamestotal.com
http://aw.gamestotal.com
http://gc.gamestotal.com
http://mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://3700ad.gamestotal.com
http://ballmonster.gamestotal.com
http://free_mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://strategy_games.gamestotal.com
http://free_strategy_games.gamestotal.com

>uh, if i am a spammer then why arent i replying to you ? eh ?

Spammers have been known to reply to there own posts/threads to try and
pretend it's a real post/topic.

It is very curious you suddenly appeared today on multiple NGs, every
time posting one line that doesn't really add anything to the topic or
say anything. But you do have a nice long list of links all which point
to a website owned by the same people.

"bombaymix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> looked up from reading the
say:

>>uh, if i am a spammer then why arent i replying to you ? eh ?
>
>Spammers have been known to reply to there own posts/threads to try and
>pretend it's a real post/topic.
>
>It is very curious you suddenly appeared today on multiple NGs, every
>time posting one line that doesn't really add anything to the topic or
>say anything. But you do have a nice long list of links all which point
>to a website owned by the same people.

A website KNOWN for spamming it's feeble web browser games as MMORPGs at
that.

Xocyll

On 7 Apr 2005 23:50:21 -0700, step_y@yahoo.com wrote:

>is this game any good ? was wondering if i should pay the amount to try
>it out

You do realize that you are asking in a newsgroup that almost solely
conists of people who like the game... That said, I do recommend that
you give it a try. I personally love the game. Its not for everyone,
but no game is. It helps if you join a decent supergroup, but not
everyone feels the need to do that.

Best things about the game, imho, are:

1. The game is as fun as hell. I remember when I first got fly, I
flew everywhere, just for fun. When I got superjump, I spent an hour
just jumping around the zones from rooftop to rooftop, seeing if I
could scale skyscrapers, etc. It really makes you feel like you are a
superhero.
2. It has a great player community -- the best I've seen to date.
There are very few beggars, griefers, etc. Most players act in a
mature way. There are, of course, exceptions, but they seem to be a
lot rarer here than they are in other games. We have our power
gamers, and power levellers and exploiters. But we also have a very
high percentage of players who are only there to have fun.
3. Game system is truly elegant -- its simple enough for those who
don't want to think too much, but gives a lot of opportunity for
strategy and tactics. The game has a different feel to it based on
your choice of Archetype, powersets, etc, so there's a lot of
replayability. (I played a Katana/Super Reflex scrapper to 50, and
now I'm primarily playing a Dark Melee/Regen scrapper; I also play a
Radiation Defender, an Empathy Defender, an Ice blaster, a Spines/Dark
Armor Scrapper, a Warshade, and a Peacebringer)
4. You can go through almost the entire game solo, if you wish, or
grouped. Granted, the game is more fun if you group, plus its more
challenging, the larger the group you are in. Also, some of the best
content is only available if you are grouped. There is a bit of a
repetitive feel if you play enough, but since the devs keep adding new
missions and new maps and so on, its definately getting better.
5. There are approximately 4 major free content updates per year. I
know that some of the other MMOGs have copied this aspect of CoH, but
its still worth mentioning.
6. This game has the best customer service of any game, mmog or
otherwise, that I've ever encountered. They are very responsive
in-game and out. The Devs are also more responsive to the players
than in most MMOGs.

I'm definately biased, but you asked for an opinion. There is no such
thing as an unbiased opinion. -Graham