Can't Register Online - Combined Billing Account

When I signed up with Cingular, I took advantage of a 10% discount for having my bill charged to my
home SBC account.

Why does this prevent me from registering for online access to my account?

In article <ZGyDd.7344$wZ2.6409@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"Larry Scholnick" <Larry_Scholnick@Yahoo.Com> wrote:

> When I signed up with Cingular, I took advantage of a 10% discount for having
> my bill charged to my
> home SBC account.
>
> Why does this prevent me from registering for online access to my account?

Because you are now billed by SBC?

> > Why does this prevent me from registering for online access to my
account?

You can check your minutes but not your billing on the Cingular site.

Q:
How can a Combined Bill customer check unbilled minutes?

----
A:
If you have a Combined Bill service with SBC or BellSouth, you can't
register for My Account. However, you can still check the unbilled minutes
for your Cingular service.

If you have a Combined Bill service, follow these steps to check your
unbilled minutes:

1.
Access Cingular.com.

2.
Choose My Account from the global navigation menu at the top of the page.

3.
Select Login - My Account from the dropdown menu.

4.
Select the Combined Bill Minute Checker link.

5.
Enter your wireless number and billing ZIP code and click Submit.

Your unbilled Cingular minutes will then be displayed.

"Stanley Reynolds" wrote:
> > > Why does this prevent me from registering for online access to my
> account?
>
> You can check your minutes but not your billing on the Cingular site.

> A:
> If you have a Combined Bill service with SBC or BellSouth, you can't
> register for My Account.

You haven't answered my question. Let me ask it again.

Why does having a Combined Bill account with SBC prevent me from registering for online access to my
account?

"Larry Scholnick" <Larry_Scholnick@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message
> > account?
> >
> > You can check your minutes but not your billing on the Cingular site.

> > A:
> > If you have a Combined Bill service with SBC or BellSouth, you can't
> > register for My Account.
> >
> You haven't answered my question. Let me ask it again.
>
> Why does having a Combined Bill account with SBC prevent me from
registering for online access to my
> account?

Let me try again your billing is with SBC not Cingular. SBC has your billing
info that was by your choice. If you wish to give up your discount for
Combined billing, $10 month with bellsouth not sure what your discount was,
then Cingular can bill you and they will have your info on their web site.

Why would Cingular have SBC billing info ? Yes Cingular is partly owned by
SBC but they are not the same company.

Here we can get Direct TV as well as Cingular all one one bill. I can call
Direct TV to order a movie but if I've got a problem with my bill I call
Bellsouth to solve it.

If their is any billing info for you online, you should look on SBC's web
site.

> > You haven't answered my question. Let me ask it again.
> >
> > Why does having a Combined Bill account with SBC prevent me from
> registering for online access to my
> > account?
Larry look here :

http://www.sbc.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=3308

They will allow you to register account for online access.

If you wish to check your min use the Cingular site.

Stanley Reynolds wrote:

> Your unbilled Cingular minutes will then be displayed.

If anyone figures out how to check SMS count on a combined bill let me
know.

In article <xOZFd.2006$2e7.1730@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
"William" <will@swbell.net> wrote:

> You are quite right. I fell for the SBC discount routine--discount plus
> "free" fast forward. They didn't mention that you would be nonexistent as
> far as Cingular goes, either online or also, at least in my one case, in the
> Cingular stores.
>
> The POS device for "fast forward" is the worst engineered hardware I have
> seen since IBM's "deathstar" hard drives. Attaching the phone (Sony
> Ericsson T616) works maybe one time in four. Two of the other three times,
> it just beeps error error error. The third time it locks up the phone, and
> you have to remove the battery to reset it. My first one lasted about a
> month. The Cingular store (Dairy Asford at Memorial Drive in Houston)
> manager was quite upset that I had the nerve to bring this device I got from
> SBC to his store. He said, "You have to ship it back to SBC!" Then he went
> to the back of the store and came back with a new fastforward device and
> took the broken one, grumbling all the while.
>
> This is the most expensive discount I have ever had. If there were a way
> out (without it being a termination of the agreement), I'd take it in a
> minute.

ATT Wireless stores act like they are separate from Cingular like
Cingular stores act like they have nothing to do with SBC,
although most Cingular stores in Houston were formerly SBC stores.

In <xOZFd.2006$2e7.1730@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sat, 15 Jan 2005
00:51:41 GMT, "William" <will@swbell.net> wrote:

>You are quite right. I fell for the SBC discount routine--discount plus
>"free" fast forward. They didn't mention that you would be nonexistent as
>far as Cingular goes, either online or also, at least in my one case, in the
>Cingular stores.

Did you ask? Why would you exist as far as Cingular goes when you're a
customer of SBC???

>The POS device for "fast forward" is the worst engineered hardware I have
>seen since IBM's "deathstar" hard drives. Attaching the phone (Sony
>Ericsson T616) works maybe one time in four. Two of the other three times,
>it just beeps error error error. The third time it locks up the phone, and
>you have to remove the battery to reset it. My first one lasted about a
>month. The Cingular store (Dairy Asford at Memorial Drive in Houston)
>manager was quite upset that I had the nerve to bring this device I got from
>SBC to his store. He said, "You have to ship it back to SBC!" Then he went
>to the back of the store and came back with a new fastforward device and
>took the broken one, grumbling all the while.
>
>This is the most expensive discount I have ever had. If there were a way
>out (without it being a termination of the agreement), I'd take it in a
>minute.

There was a way out -- return the device and/or cancel within 30 days.
Why didn't you do that?

In <jzwick3-A73759.19033814012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 15 Jan
2005 01:05:12 GMT, Jack "FUDMEISTER" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>ATT Wireless stores act like they are separate from Cingular ...

False.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]

In article <Lv1Gd.2021$m31.23861@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <xOZFd.2006$2e7.1730@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sat, 15 Jan 2005
> 00:51:41 GMT, "William" <will@swbell.net> wrote:
>
> >You are quite right. I fell for the SBC discount routine--discount plus
> >"free" fast forward. They didn't mention that you would be nonexistent as
> >far as Cingular goes, either online or also, at least in my one case, in the
> >Cingular stores.
>
> Did you ask? Why would you exist as far as Cingular goes when you're a
> customer of SBC???

Duh - Cause he has a Cingular phone he uses on the Cingular Network.

In article <pw1Gd.2022$m31.23835@typhoon.sonic.net>,
John Navas <jnavas@sonic.net> wrote:

> In <jzwick3-A73759.19033814012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 15 Jan
> 2005 01:05:12 GMT, Jack "FUDMEISTER" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

Navas - Still childishly adding insults.

> >ATT Wireless stores act like they are separate from Cingular ...
>
> False.

Sorry a one word pronouncement proves nothing.

It's True - Go into one of them and try and conduct business.
They never even got rebadged as was promised In a Cingular
press release on Nov. 15/

In <jzwick3-1EF6B2.04021815012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 15 Jan
2005 10:02:24 GMT, Jack "CHICKEN LITTLE"" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <pw1Gd.2022$m31.23835@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <jnavas@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> In <jzwick3-A73759.19033814012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 15 Jan
>> 2005 01:05:12 GMT, Jack "FUDMEISTER" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>> >ATT Wireless stores act like they are separate from Cingular ...
>>
>> False.
>
>Sorry a one word pronouncement proves nothing.

It's not me making the claim.

>It's True - Go into one of them and try and conduct business.

Been there; done that. Have you?

>They never even got rebadged as was promised In a Cingular
>press release on Nov. 15/

Never any such promise, as we've pointed out to you repeatedly.

--

In <jzwick3-51C2B3.03582715012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 15 Jan
2005 09:58:33 GMT, Jack "FUDMEISTER" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <Lv1Gd.2021$m31.23861@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In <xOZFd.2006$2e7.1730@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sat, 15 Jan 2005
>> 00:51:41 GMT, "William" <will@swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> >You are quite right. I fell for the SBC discount routine--discount plus
>> >"free" fast forward. They didn't mention that you would be nonexistent as
>> >far as Cingular goes, either online or also, at least in my one case, in the
>> >Cingular stores.
>>
>> Did you ask? Why would you exist as far as Cingular goes when you're a
>> customer of SBC???
>
>Duh - Cause he has a Cingular phone he uses on the Cingular Network.

Duh - Matters not - he's an SBC customer. Much like Virgin Mobile customers
on the SprintPCS network.