Internet randomly cuts out

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I just installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit with a clean wipe of the hard drive, I then installed all the drivers for my striker II nse by downloading them from the ASUS website (my disc did not support my OS) installed all the drivers, and sometimes when I'm running a game or just surfing the internet, the internet cuts out, saying im not connected to the network.

Upon restarting the computer, everything works again for a while, then it cuts out again randomly.

Any ideas what the problem could be, setup is in my sig

Edit: Whenever I run Crysis wars (which is the only game on my PC so far) I am installing some more games to see what happens

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
ok the beast reared its ugly head again, and now I can use the trouble shooter to fix the problem but it's still annoying
Here is what the diagnostic told me. I found it odd that it detected AMD arhcitecture when I have an Intel CPU?

Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found
The default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available
The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet. A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway. Fixed
Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapter Completed
Investigate router or broadband modem issues Not run

Issues found Detection details

6 The default gateway is not available Fixed

The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet. A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway.
Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapter Completed

This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem.
Network Diagnostics Log
File Name: 7A0D4602-148F-4CF8-8C2C-114A0F4E13A0.Repair.1.etl

Investigate router or broadband modem issues Not run

If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator. Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. After all the lights on the device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device on or plug it back into the power outlet. To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset button.

Detection details

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.0.1.211
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\netnvm64.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Monday, July 13, 2009 8:37:30 PM
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : NVENET55.NDI
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10de&dev_0373
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

Network Diagnostics Log
File Name: 7A0D4602-148F-4CF8-8C2C-114A0F4E13A0.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and Logs
File Name: NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information
Computer Name: T3H-M0N5T3R
Windows Version: 6.1
Architecture: amd64
Time: Saturday, December 05, 2009 9:05:50 AM

Publisher details

Windows Network Diagnostics
Detects problems with network connectivity.
Package Version: 1.0
Publisher: Microsoft Windows

also if it's any help, when I play call of duty, it says my NAT is set to strict

TechSavvy

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I myself had similar issues as well with my network card. I am using a fairly old motherboard that doesn't have any updated drivers, so I am pretty much stuck myself. My issue occurs when I have too much network activity going on (ie large downloads and multiple file streams at the same time) Its pretty random and repair will only cure it temporarily and reboots seems to fix it for longer periods of time. I would start with a different network card driver. Looks like you have an nVidia chipset motherboard, perhaps try the latest driver from nVidia.

FYI - mine also reports a gateway issue, but I think that's just a generic message. I have multiple computers, all running windows 7 and network/internet all works fine on other computers when this happens.

andrecook

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I also had this problem which I have now fixed!

The problem: When Windows 7 is re-installed, it automatically searches for and installs the drivers for all your devices including your wireless adapter. The issue is that this automatic feature doesn't always get it right and sometimes installs the wrong driver for your wireless adapter.

How To Fix this:
1 - Find you wireless adapter name: "Device Manager" -> "Network Adapter" -> (Name of your Wireless Adapter e.g. Atheros AR5B95)
2 - Google for the driver of your Wireless adapter name (e.g. Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Adapter Drivers)
3- Once downloaded make sure the file is extracted (if it is a .zip file) then return to "Device Manager" locate your driver again, double-click to open it and in the "Driver" section you will find "Update Driver". Double-click to open this then select "Browse my computer for driver software", it will then ask you to locate the driver folder, once you have selected this your driver will be updated! Re-boot your laptop and when it turns back on it should be FIXED!!

Hope this helps! =)

TRENDING THREADS