ruckstande

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I have a complicated problem I'm hoping someone might be able to give thoughtful advice for. Here is my dilemma. I am responsible for around 80 pc's located all across the country. They are on various client networks and not on our domain. The machines run logged into a user account while running a service in the background that allows me to maintain some control as an administrator. Here is my problem. Some machines are running SP3 and others are running SP2. I need to update the SP2 machines to SP3 while maintaining minimal user interaction. The solution I am working with involves providing a cd with SP3 update on it and enabling autorun to automatically install the patch. My problem is, you can't perform the "runas" command without having the user provide a password. Can someone explain in layman's terms how I might go about doing this so the cd will automatically provide the user name and password without the client having to do anything at all? I'm sorry if I didn't make my problem clear and concise. If you have any questions please ask.

TRENDING THREADS